Wikipedia:Wikipedia Takes America
Wikipedia Takes America is a campaign held each September to organize Wikipedia Takes Your City photo scavenger hunts across the United States, to coincide with the Wiki Loves Monuments photography contest in the United States and throughout the world.
How it works
Anyone can plan an event! In fact, we invite you to recruit fellow Wikipedians and organize an expedition in your home city.
Is your city on the list below? If not, learn more about planning a local event.
Events by region
A possible convenient joint date to schedule local events would be Saturday September 21.
To be coordinated with event pages in Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2013.
- Glastonbury – Sunday, August 4
- Boston (Date TBD)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Philadelphia (possible)
- Rochester – Saturday, June 28
- Fort Wayne
- West Lafayette
- Ann Arbor
- Grand Rapids
- St. Cloud
- Baltimore – Saturday, September 21
- North Carolina
- West Virginia
- Las Vegas
- New Mexico
- Salt Lake City
- Puerto Rico – Saturday, September 28
- Guam – Saturday, September 28
- Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2008
- Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2009
- Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2010
- Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2011
- Category:Wikipedia Takes America 2012 | Wikipedia:Wikipedia Takes America 2012
WP:NRHP has organized a September-long, nationwide contest at Wikipedia:WikiProject National Register of Historic Places/NRHP Fall 2013 Photo Contest for fun and barnstars with sub-contests including "longest road trip", "most railroad related sites", and a "Scavenger hunt". Note that this is not part of the official WLM-US "Best photo" contest, and no monetary prizes will be awarded. Smallbones(smalltalk) 15:13, 30 August 2013 (UTC)