Wikipedia:Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IV
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikipedia Takes Kolkata 4.|
Wikipedia Takes Kolkata is a planned photo scavenger hunt in the spirit of Wikipedia Takes the City held in Kolkata. This event is aimed at increasing the coverage of free photographs involving the city of Kolkata so that they can be used in Wikipedia articles which need pictures, as well as promoting awareness of Wikipedia.
This is the fourth year of our annual photo walk. This time we will be visiting a few historic places in Kolkata and will take photographs of them. After the photo walk we will hold a session to help the participants upload the photos in Wikimedia Commons. The participants are encouraged to upload their photos as entries to the Bengali Wikipedia Photo Contest being held along the lines of the 10th anniversary celebration of Bengali Wikipedia. The contest has cash prizes for the first, second and the third entries, to be judged by a three member jury. For details please refer to .
Date: Sunday, December 14, 2014
Time: 7:30 AM
Assembly point: Tollygunge Phari
Facebook event page: Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IV event
In the fourth edition of Wikipedia Takes Kolkata we are planning to cover several temple complexes around Chetla and Tollygunge along the Adi Ganga. A tentative list is provided below.
- Boro Rasbari (Bowali Mondal)
- Chhoto Rasbari (Das Family)
- Lakshmi Janardan Mandir (Bowali Mondal)
- Mathur Sha Temple
- Zohora Begum Mosque
- Dwadash Shiv Mandir (Chandra)
- Smashan Ghat
Please note that the above list is subject to modification depending upon availability of time.
The participants are requested to carry the following.
- Digital camera, though not compulsory, is better to have on a photo walk.
- Have enough on memory card.
- Tripods are welcome.
- Carry a notebook.
- Bring plenty of water. Food is also welcome.
- Wear light coloured clothes and caps if possible.
Dos and don'ts
- Remove timestamps while taking snaps.
- Note down the list of places or buildings that you photograph.
- If you wish to leave early inform the team co-ordinator.
- Do not take pictures of people, unless required as a subject. Respect others privacy.
- Do not take photographs where it is prohibited.
- Do not loose your cool if some police or security guard prohibits you from taking snaps.
- Kalyan Sarkar - +919836063920
- Biswarup Ganguly - +919830022449
- Arup Chowdhury
- Aurobinda Dutta
- Biswarup Ganguly
- Deepanjan Ghosh
- Indrajit Das
- Kalyan Sarkar
- Rangan Datta
- Santanu Chandra
- Subhojit Saha
- Sujay Chandra
- Sumit Surai
- Anirban Saha
- Richa Agarwal
- Araghni Bannerjee
- Soumyadeep Roy