Wikipedia:Wikipedia in comics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikipedia in the media|
|Wikipedia as a topic|
|Wikipedia as a source|
This is a page listing Wikipedia as a topic, not a reference, in comics.
- Real Life Adventures: Tuesday April 3rd, 2007. Mother says to child: "Dad is the human Wikipedia. He has all the answers, but most of them are wrong."
- Get Fuzzy: Friday April 20th, 2007. Bucky Katt claimed that his music albums were on the Wikipedia website. Satchel Pooch stated that Bucky was crazy and referred to Bucky's comments being on Wikipedia was "Wackypedia" on Bucky's claims.
- Non Sequitur Sunday April 29th, 2007: Danae writes in her Wikipedia article that she is a Nobel Prize winner.
- Sally Forth: 2007-07-01, Sunday. During a fireworks viewing, Hilary quoted such 'obscure facts' about American History as Thomas Jefferson writing a movie-like sequel to the Declaration of Independence after its success and John Hancock bare-knuckle boxing other signers of the Constitution to be the first to sign the document. Sally then asks her daughter if she found those facts via Wikipedia.
- The Order #1, 2007-07-18: Henry Hellrung mentions his Wikipedia page.
- On A Claire Day: 27 August-29 August, Monday-Wednesday. Claire, a young adult, embarrasses herself in an interview for a job at a public library by stating incorrect information sourced from Wikipedia.
- Charles Peattie; Russell Taylor (2008-06-04). "Alex" (comic strip). www.alexcartoon.com. Retrieved 2008-06-04.
I'm revising Bacon's entry on Wikipedia to make it square with the rubbish I wrote in the exam.
- Zits: Thursday, April 2, 2009. Walt takes a look at his computer and noticed that his son Jeremy added Connie (Walt's wife and Jeremy's mother) to the Wikipedia entry on Humiliation, just because she added Jeremy's baby picture in the yearbook. It led to this incident: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Humiliation&oldid=281274459 (see revision history for context; note that the comic strip was removed from Wikipedia per copyvio and the article was semi-protected shortly after).
- Deadpool #900. In the story "One Down", while carrying out an assassination, Deadpool has a fourth wall-breaking conversation with his inner voices in which he discusses his own fanbase, noting that as of that writing, his own Wikipedia entry was longer than that of Spider-Man.
- Pearls Before Swine: 2009-11-23, Monday. Rat starts editing Stephan Pastis Wikipedia article, making up facts about his life that weren't true and later uses it in a conversation to embarrass him.
- Sherman's lagoon, January 21: Sherman and Megan leave to White Shark Cafe, which Sherman describes as being "A secret meeting place known only to great white sharks ... and Wikipedia."
- xkcd Malamanteau: A spoof of the fancy words (malapropism, neologism, portmanteau) used by some editors referencing the non-existent Malamanteau article.
- Day by Day, May 24: Sam suggests that the one word describing a future online commons for political debate amongst citizens would be "Wikipedia".
- Zits: Thursday, February 26, 2015. Repeat of the April 2, 2009 Zits strip above.
- Zits: Tuesday, May 19, 2015. Jeremy Duncan's friend Pierce tells him that instead of buying an essay online, Jeremy should paraphrase Wikipedia instead, just like his other classmates.