Wikipedia:Wikipedia on PDAs
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference. Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.|
Please add information and your experiences on any PDA model/browser combination not listed below. One model per section, one listing per model/browser combination. For information on WAP access, please see Wikipedia:WAP access.
Palm Zire 72/72s
- Model: Palm Zire 72, Palm Zire 72s (identical except for case colour)
- OS: Palm OS 5.2.8
- Browser: Novarra Web Pro 3.5
- Wikipedia usability: very good for reading, editing and images
- Problems: No UTF-8, can only be used with languages that work in 7-bit ASCII (e.g. en:)
I found this highly usable with Graffiti 2. Readable text, good images, editing is quite usable - David Gerard 00:28, 4 December 2005 (UTC)
Editing the sandbox.
Palm Tungsten C
- Model: Palm Tungsten C
- OS: Palm OS 5.2.1
- Browser: PalmSource Web Browser 2.0 
- Wikipedia usability: unusable.
- Problems: Unreadably misrendered text.
Web Browser 2.0 is unusable because the text is horribly misrendered. This is terribly disappointing because otherwise the Tungsten C is a really nice portable WiFi device. You can buy an upgrade to Web Pro 3.5, which I assume will alleviate the problem - David Gerard 00:28, 4 December 2005 (UTC)
Tungsten C, Web Browser 2.0, en:Main Page July 2005.
Web Browser 2.0 making a complete hash of www.wikipedia.org.
Palm Tungsten T5
- Model: Palm Tungsten T5
- OS: Palm OS 5.3?
- Browser: Blazer
- Wikipedia usability: difficult.
- Problems: Only works in wide-screen mode (crashed T5 in portrait mode).
It's all there but a readable font leads to the article being squashed in a narrow column and a corrospondingly long page length. Unfortunately, the navigation sidebars on the left occupy a lot of the available display width, so it could be improved substantially if their location was configurable. I didn't try all the configuration options in Blazer so maybe there are ome improvements I could make, Alternatively, someone else recommended TomeRaider to me. Astronaut 01:27, 12 August 2007 (UTC)