Wikipedia:WikiProject Metal/Collaboration of the month
|This page is currently inactive and is retained for historical reference.
Either the page is no longer relevant or consensus on its purpose has become unclear. To revive discussion, seek broader input via a forum such as the village pump.
|The current Metal collaboration of the month is
"Iron Maiden discography".
The next winner will be selected on: not yet determined.
Last month's article was none yet — see improvements
Welcome to WikiProject Metal's collaboration of the month! Each month, a single heavy-metal-related article will be nominated using this page to become the metal collaboration of the month (HCOTM).
|Today's articles for improvement|
|Science & technology|
The aim of this project is to take an undeveloped or underdeveloped metal-related article and drastically improve it, ideally to elevate it to good or featured level status, through widespread cooperative editing. When the current MCOTM article's month long improvement period expires, articles nominated here receiving the most support votes will be selected for the next collaboration. Any editor, registered or not, can help the collaboration by contributing to the selected article.
Any metal-related article except for those that are current featured articles, featured article candidates, good articles and good article candidates are acceptable. Please note that anyone is free to remove a nomination that fails to meet these requirements. New nominations can be made at any time.
To nominate an article, add to the bottom of the list of nomination candidates:
=== [[Name of article]] === Nomination text. ~~~~ '''Support''' # ~~~~ '''Comments''' * * *
Note that you must fill in the name of the article and the nomination text (which should indicate why the article would benefit from a collaboration and what needs to be improved).
If the page you are nominating already exists, please add to the top of its talk page:
This template format uses parser functions; there is no need, and it will "break" the template, if you fill in the ARTICLESPACE and PAGENAME areas.
The template expands to:
|This article has been nominated as a possible metal collaboration of the month. To add your support, go to its listing.|
Please see the Wikiproject Metal main page to see how these templates expand.
- The collaborations are selected by approval voting. This is done by clicking the edit button to the right of the article's nomination, and adding the text
- Only registered users may vote, and their first edit must have been before the article was nominated. Please register first if you wish to nominate an article.
- Please add only support votes. Opposing votes will not affect the result, as the winner is simply the one with the most support votes (see Approval voting).
- A vote or a show of support for an article shows your commitment to support and aid in collaborating on that specific article if it is chosen. Although you are not required to fulfill that commitment, we ask that you only support articles that you are able to contribute to so that this collaboration's goals of expanding and improving articles can adequately be achieved.
- Do not vote for all of the nominations. If you do, your votes will be discounted, as people can't expect you to work on all of them.
- The article with the most votes at selection time will become the next HCOTM.
- Articles that fail to receive 3 votes per two weeks from the time of nomination will be removed from this page.
- If you're thinking of renominating an article which has recently failed, consider waiting a month before renominating it.
- For inspiration, see List of heavy metal bands.
This band's page could really use some good work here; it is a very influential death metal band and hasn't a proper page yet. Their albums don't even have proper pages nor do their band members. Spearhead 20:39, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
- Spearhead 20:39, 15 May 2006 (UTC)
Very influential Japanese band from the 80's which is still playing. The article lacks more detailed change of line-up over the years and does not contain a single picture. Zer0fighta 09:05, 7 June 2006 (UTC)
Epic metal is a subgenre that many editors would like to use for various bands; however the article is very poor, with a disputed list of bands, it mixes power metal, battle metal and epic metal, and is overall more confusing than anything else. It is completely unsourced and arguably biased. Maybe we should start working on neglected genre/subgenre articles rather than band articles for the moment. IronChris | (talk) 11:55, 12 June 2006 (UTC)
Therion is a popular and unique metal band. Article is almost done; I've nominated it to FA some days ago, but it failed. Under Wikipedia:Peer review/Therion (band)/archive1 and Wikipedia:Featured_article_candidates/Therion_(band) sites you can find what is to do. In general, this article needs fair use rationales for images and some written improvements (see previous links). Visor 11:32, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Visor 11:32, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
Finally the Iron Maiden discography is completed. I added like 10 singles and other guy added the rest, all with images.
- --Neo139 06:36, 13 August 2006 (UTC)
The next collaboration will be selected on: not yet determined. The current time is 19:26, August 17, 2017.
Duplicate successful nomination's voting text here.