wikiD: Women. Wikipedia. Design.
New York City writing workshop
|When and Where|
|Date:||Saturday, June 16, 2018|
|Address:||Pratt Institute School of Architecture|
Higgins Hall, 61 St. James Place by Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn
wikiD: Women. Wikipedia. Design. is hosting a Wikipedia editing event at Pratt Institute School of Architecture, with support from Wikimedia NYC volunteers, on Saturday, June 16, 2018 from 2-4pm as part of ArchiteXX's Now What?!: Advocacy, Activism, and Alliances in American Architecture since 1968 exhibition. Everyone is invited to join to edit Wikipedia articles about women, design, architecture, or any combination of these.
- Presentation: We will have a short ‘how to’ intro on writing and editing Wikipedia entries for new editors.
- Start writing: Stay for as long as suits and start writing/editing in good company and with help at hand.
- Who: We welcome anyone interested in writing more women in the built environment into Wikipedia. No Wikipedia editing experience is necessary. We will start with an overview of writing and editing Wikipedia article. We will also provide assistance throughout the event for Wikipedia newcomers. Experienced Wikipedians are also very welcome – we need as much help as you can offer!
Please do a couple of things before coming along:
- Introduction and Guide 1: Getting Started! – Why Edit Wikipedia?, Using the WikiD Guides and Getting Started.
- Guide 2: Selecting and Researching a Topic/Subject – Choosing a Subject, References and Sources and Images.
- Guide 3: Writing an Entry – Tone and Style, Content and Structure, Building an Argument, Precedents and Article Titles.
- Guide 4: Navigating the Wikipedia Interface – Editing Interfaces, Creating a New Article, Editing Existing Pages and Disambiguation
- Guide 5: Troubleshooting – Deleted Pages, Flagged Pages and Talk Pages
- What to bring: Please bring your own laptops and power cords.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to WikiD.|