Wikipedia talk:Media copyright questions
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 10 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 Gates Mugshot and arrest photo, in or out?
- 2 OTRS recruitment
- 3 Getty images embedded in Wikipedia articles?
- 4 RfC on hosting content from countries that do not have copyright relations with the U.S.
- 5 Bot proposal to automate placing di-no permission on certain files uploaded with the Upload Wizard
Gates Mugshot and arrest photo, in or out?
There has been a lot of discussion over these pictures in or out, an editor has started a head count of opinions at the [Gates talkpage] This is an important decision for the Wikipedia, please come there and leave your opinion. Off2riorob (talk) 1:35 am, Today (UTC+1)
Please see this note about the current need for OTRS volunteers. Those who have this page on their watchlists are likely uniquely qualified to help with the permissions queues. ~ Rob13Talk 05:52, 13 November 2016 (UTC)
Getty images embedded in Wikipedia articles?
Getty released images for editorial use as long as they are embedded. Is it allowed on Wikipedia? I asked this on another talk page but cannot find it now. ~ SnippySC SusanneSC (talk) 00:56, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- I think you would have to tell us more and/or point to examples and/or to their offer. Getty's library includes PD images, so that they might be offering them is neither here nor there. If they're offering copyrighted images and seeking to control their use, then they are no good to us, since we need to be able to offer largely unrestricted (bar compliance with strict licence conditions) reuse. ---Tagishsimon (talk) 01:02, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- Furthermore, MediaWiki doesn't allow us to hotlink images from other websites. They have to be uploaded to Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons for us to use them. -- AntiCompositeNumber (Leave a message) 01:56, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
- You asked on Commons on the page Commons talk:First steps/Reuse, which is not really a good page for questions. You can ask media copyright questions on the page Commons:Village pump/Copyright on Commons or on the page Wikipedia:Media copyright questions on en.Wikipedia. -- Asclepias (talk) 20:26, 14 November 2016 (UTC)
RfC on hosting content from countries that do not have copyright relations with the U.S.
Those who watch this page may be interested in this RfC: Wikipedia_talk:Copyrights#RfC:_Hosting_content_from_countries_that_do_not_have_copyright_relations_with_the_U.S.. Ramaksoud2000 (Talk to me) 18:21, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
Bot proposal to automate placing di-no permission on certain files uploaded with the Upload Wizard
Any input you may have on improving the bot, or whether the bot should run at all, would be appreciated at Wikipedia:Bots/Requests for approval/Ramaksoud2000Bot. Ramaksoud2000 (Talk to me) 19:54, 27 December 2016 (UTC)