Wikipedia talk:Italian Wikipedians' Notice Board
Buona sera, signori e signore. Discussions about the Italian Wikipedian's notice board will take place here. --Lacatosias 16:55, 2 February 2006 (UTC)
|WikiProject Italy||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Well, it's start...
- 2 Request
- 3 Italy-geo-stub split
- 4 Shortcut
- 5 Is Italy a Great Power?
- 6 Standard naming scheme
- 7 Help with translations
- 8 Italian municipalities bot
- 9 Autobianchi - ajuto!
- 10 DYK
- 11 Carè Alto
- 12 Help needed with Sammarinese political parties
- 13 big 1848 project
- 14 Danilo Di Luca: "Di" or "di"
- 15 Noticeboard active?
- 16 An Invitation from the Philippine Wikipedia Community
- 17 Date format poll confirmation
- 18 submarines General Sanjuro and General Mola
- 19 it.wiki
- 20 Merge with Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Italy
Well, it's start...
I'll have to finish the page tomorrow. I hope people will join in this effort.--Lacatosias 18:42, 2 February 2006 (UTC)
Hi, the following source  has recently been posted as a claimg that Mina has sold over 50 million records, for inclusion on the List of best selling music artists page. I was wondering if an Italian speaker could confirm that this page makes that claim, and that its a fairly reputable source e.g. not a fan site. Cheers. Robdurbar 14:03, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
- Robdurbar, this site is certainly credible and not a fan site. However, I think someone IS trying to pull one over on you: It doesn't say a word about the number of records sold. Period.--Lacatosias 16:17, 20 February 2006 (UTC)
I've made a start on this; broadly speaking I'm creating a stub template for each of the regions, but until they hit the threshold for creation of a separate category (60 articles), feeding each of those into a "group of regions" category, starting with Category:Central Italy geography stubs and Category:Southern Italy geography stubs, and a couple of regions big enough to be separated already. If anyone wants to pitch in with sorting the rest, they're more than welcome, particularly with the articles that aren't categorised by region, which I'll have missed entirely. Alai 01:24, 11 May 2006 (UTC)
Is Italy a Great Power?
Standard naming scheme
Please see the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Regional notice boards#A uniform naming scheme. Zocky | picture popups 00:52, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
- Not being Italian, I am out of place here—at least under the page’s current name. But on this occasion I will stick my oar in and note that if the name were changed people like me might start turning up. I would certainly like there to be a place for people interested in Italy to hang out from time to time and chew the cud. A wikiproject might seem to be the ideal solution, but there are a lot of those around which, having been set up in a fit of enthusiasm, fail to meet reasonable expectations. Something more informal would be good. For example, yesterday I got involved in the question of an article about an alleged son of Beppe Fenoglio, Franco, who is (allegedly) a neo-nazi, unpublished poet with a habit of getting himself imprisoned. I have no idea whether he exists or not. But Google offered no confirmation and the Italian wikipedia has no mention of him so I suspected a hoax. After a chat with another editor I WP:PRODed the article on the basis that the article gave no sources. But it would be good to have a place to alert readers of La Stampa (or whatever), listeners to RAI (or whatever) who might have been able to say: “Yeah, he exists”.
- Obviously I have nothing against Italian Wikipedians having a private club if that is what they want. But if you felt that a club with a broader membership, and more frequent conversations, would be better I, personally, would be very happy. A presto! —Ian Spackman 17:10, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
Help with translations
I'm currently working on a script intended to create short articles on political parties on a variety of wikipedias simultaneously. However, in order for the technique to work I need help with translations to various languages. If you know any of the languages listed at User:Soman/Lang-Help , then please help by filling in the blanks. For example I need help with Italian. Thanks, --Soman 12:14, 30 July 2006 (UTC)
Italian municipalities bot
Most municipalities in Italy do not have a wikipedia article yet. I would like to add them automatically with a bot, using data from istat, the Italian statistical institute. Please take a look at the sample article at User:Eubot/Moretta, and comment on the format of the article. Feel free to edit that article; I will take your edits into account when writing the final version of my bot. Eugène van der Pijll 21:31, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
Autobianchi - ajuto!
Not sure whether anybody even visits this place, but I am in serious need of help... Namely, I have started to expand the Autobianchi article, which I believe can be quite easily (or perhaps not that easily, but within foresight) advance to featured article. Wouldn't it be great to have the first featured article on an automobile brand/company cover a piece of the great heritage of the Italian motoring industry, and also add one more featured article on an Italian topic?
If you think so, do see the article's talk page - I have outlined the issues I am having with it now, and I believe help from genuine Italians, Italian-speaking Wikipedians or simply enthusiastic Wikipedians would be invaluable. Grazie in advance for you help! Ciao, Bravada, talk - 15:24, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
The DYK section featured on the main page is always looking for interesting new and recently expanded stubs from different parts of the world. Please make a suggestion.--Peta 02:04, 10 October 2006 (UTC)
Help needed with Sammarinese political parties
Could you help classify some minor Sammarinese parties into left, centre and right at Talk:Table_of_political_parties_in_Europe_by_pancontinental_organisation#Sammarinese_parties? Thanks! —Nightstallion (?) 18:06, 15 January 2007 (UTC)
big 1848 project
Danilo Di Luca: "Di" or "di"
The Italian language version of Wikipedia has "Danilo Di Luca", as does his own website. But it is claimed that Mr Di Luca is in fact in error, and cannot even spell his own name!! Would those who know about this sort of thing please contribute to:
Ta. --Mais oui! 04:30, 26 April 2007 (UTC)
An Invitation from the Philippine Wikipedia Community
The Philippine Wikipedia Community will be holding its 1st Meet-up in Cebu City (the fourth one in the Philippines) on June 23-24, 2008. This coincides with the first Philippine Open Source Summit, also to be held in Cebu. The Philippine Wikipedia Community is an Implementing Partner of the Open Source Summit. We invite you to join us in this event. If you are in the IT or IT-enabled services industry, this would be a great opportunity to meet people from the 4th best outsourcing city in the world. This is also a good excuse to visit our beautiful beaches :)
If you're interested in joining the Wikipedia meet-up, please join our discussion. You can register for the Open Source Summit here. If you would like some assistance with local accomodations, you may email User:Bentong Isles.
The Philippine Wikipedia Community
Date format poll confirmation
There is ongoing discussion on the talk page for the Manual of Style (including a series of polls) aimed at achieving consensus on presenting dates in American (June 2, 1946) or International (2 June 1946) format on an article by article basis. The poll gives full instructions, but briefly the choices are:
- C = Option C, the winner of the initial poll and run-off. (US articles have US format dates, international format otherwise)
- R = Retain existing wording. (National format for English-speaking countries, no guidance otherwise).
submarines General Sanjuro and General Mola
Archimede class submarine and Spanish submarine C-3 contradict each other, the first says that Archimede was renamed General Sanjuro and Torricelli was renamed General Mola, whilst the latter says that Archimede was renamed General Mola and Torricelli was renamed General Sanjuro. This contradiction requires attention. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:35, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
While fixing Mu Canis Majoris, Kheider noticed that the Italian article it:Mu Canis Majoris was dealing with the wrong star (MU Canis Majoris instead of μ Canis Majoris) , can someone ask Italian Wikipedia to fix that? Renaming it to it:MU Canis Majoris would solve the problem. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 12:31, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Merge with Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Italy
Please see the proposal at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Italy#Merge_with_Wikipedia_talk:Italian_Wikipedians.27_Notice_Board. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| reply here 16:06, 7 November 2012 (UTC)