Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Baseball
|WikiProject Baseball||(Rated Project-class)|
|WikiProject Baseball was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 5 April 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|WikiProject Baseball was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 20 August 2014. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|Threads older than 1 month may be archived by.|
|1 2 3|
World Series entries reverts
Hello and good day. A few days ago I made additions to these particular World Series: 1925 World Series, Games 1-7, 1930 World Series, games 1-4, 1931 World Series, games 1-7, 1933 World Series, Games 1-5, 1934 World Series, games 3-7, 1940 World Series, Games 1-6, and the 1942 World Series, games 2-4.They were reverted by User: Dorsetonian because there were no citations and the tone of the additions. Can you, based on what I entered, improve the entries and keep within Wikipedia standards? These games(36 in all) have nothing there and there should be notes about each game.I have also made other additions to playoff and World Series games with no sources that maybe should be checked on. I used The Macmillan Baseball Encyclopedia Ninth Edition copyright 1993 as my source. Thank you for your time.2601:581:8500:949C:304C:CD3D:3958:6A95 (talk) 20:51, 14 April 2018 (UTC)
- Your additions look fine for the most part.. except one bit where you described something as "the most controversial" play which definitely needs a source. You should just look at some other pages and see sources are cited on wikipedia and then re-enter your edits with proper sourcing. Spanneraol (talk) 17:22, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
- Violations of WP:NPOV can be found in tons of baseball articles. I have lost count how many times I've removed things like 'good', 'poor', 'worse', etc....William, is the complaint department really on the roof? 17:29, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
HTML errors in WPBASE articles
I'm going through Special:LintErrors, and I've found a few dozen high-priority errors in articles tagged by this WikiProject. The wikitext parser is going to change in June, and any page with an error may display strangely.
What's needed right now is for someone to click these links and compare the side-by-side preview of the two parsers. If the "New" page looks okay, then something's maybe technically wrong with the HTML, but there's no immediate worry. If that column looks wrong, then it should be fixed.
The first list is all "deletable table" errors. If you want to know more about how to fix these pages, then see mw:Help:Extension:Linter/deletable-table-tag.
Taking the first item as an example, the problem is in the ==Women's soccer== section (a little bit of the wikitext for the table should be highlighted in the editing window, underneath the preview). The current version in the preview looks like it's all connected as one table. In the upcoming version, it looks like two separate tables. If you're satisfied with the appearance in the new rendering, then you're done.
This second list is "misnested tags". See mw:Help:Extension:Linter/html5-misnesting for more information. For the first article in this list, the highlighting indicates that the problem is in the infobox. I don't see a significant difference, so I'd probably leave it alone.
You might notice that the same article is listed six times. That means that there are six separate errors in it. The &lintid will highlight a different bit of wikitext for each link.
- An additional tip about pages that are listed multiple times. Once any of the errors are fixed, the error highlighting will very likely not be valid for the other errors on the page since the page size might have changed -- new lint ids will be generated when the page is reparsed. So, my recommendation is to fix all errors on a page at once. SSastry (WMF) (talk) 15:40, 30 April 2018 (UTC)
I have a quick question: should we be linking to BR bullpen profiles on player biography articles? I noticed just such a link at Mike Koplove, and I suspect there are plenty more. Lepricavark (talk) 03:40, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think so; not much point in linking to another wiki without editorial control. (We already provide guidance that the BR bullpen is not a reliable source.) isaacl (talk) 04:21, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- We shouldn't for the reasons Isaac1 points out....William, is the complaint department really on the roof? 09:51, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- WP:ELNO #1 is most relevant: Any site that does not provide a unique resource beyond what the article would contain if it became a featured article.—Bagumba (talk) 12:57, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- For a fuller definition of the discussion, the question is whether or not to delete many of the templates which list Major League stadiums (no minor league stadium templates are under discussion, just major league). Randy Kryn (talk) 11:51, 9 May 2018 (UTC)
Participants may be interested in Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Sports#RFC on the use of notable games sections AIRcorn (talk) 08:06, 25 May 2018 (UTC)