|Threads older than 400 days may be archived by.|
March 11, 2017: Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon at Minneapolis Central Library
Join us for communal updating of Wikipedia entries on art and feminism. People of all gender identities and expressions welcomed and encouraged to attend. No prior editing experience is necessary; training and resources will be provided. If you have a laptop, please bring it.
This edit-a-thon is presented in association with Art+Feminism.
Maybe this page would be more intuitive if the 2018 events were at the top, rather than all the way at the bottom? It's always a bit confusing to have to scroll through 12 years of history (which is impressive, though!) to get to the latest event.--Pharos (talk) 17:22, 23 January 2018 (UTC)
- I've attempted a 2018-first chronology, after a few people agreed with it at the recent meetup. Feel free to readjust as the local community sees fit.--Pharos (talk) 20:57, 31 May 2018 (UTC)
Pharos and I have discussed by email a meetup when we will be in Minneapolis, Sunday, May 20, afternoon/evening. Art-A-Whirl, an open studio tour in Northeast Minneapolis, is also that weekend. Who would be interested? Recommendations for a coffee house or restaurant in Northeast? I really like Anchor Fish and Chips, but there are many others. Jonathunder (talk) 16:50, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Count me in. I have no particular opinion on meeting place, though. -McGhiever (talk) 17:00, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- Sunday evening works for me but something closer to southwest Minneapolis/Edina would be a better location for Janice Lurie. I love Anchor Fish and Chips but Northeast will be packed because of ArtAWhirl. Barnes and Nobles in Edina is open until 9 PM and has a good restaurant/coffee bar with wifi. Open to whatever works. Sjacobsen1 (talk) 20:01, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- What will meeting be about? How long? 4 to 6 PM? Should we check to see if we could meet in Mia's library? Sjacobsen1 (talk) 20:13, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
- According to the Minneapolis Institute of Art website, their library is not open on Sundays and the museum closes at 5 p.m. Perhaps someone has connections to MIA or MCAD and can ask about special arrangements. Jonathunder (talk) 14:49, 12 May 2018 (UTC)
- 4 to 6 would work for me too JLLurie (talk) —Preceding undated comment added 20:29, 11 May 2018 (UTC)
We've started a meetup page here, please RSVP and add to the agenda: Wikipedia:Meetup/Minnesota/May 2018 Minnesota User Group Meeting.--Pharos (talk) 14:31, 14 May 2018 (UTC)