|Welcome to the Wikimedia New York City Chapter community discussion page! Check back here for conversations about meetups, special events and other topics relevant to the NYC community.|
Threads older than 30 days may be archived.
Events can be posted on the new Wikimedia Space
Would you all like to post your events in the new Wikimedia Space as well? https://discuss-space.wmflabs.org/c/events/l/calendar shows the current list, and it will display on a map, too. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:20, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Whatamidoing (WMF): You are asking for a significant labor commitment when there is already years of Wikimedia Movement-wide labor scarcity to do orthodox event marketing. Typical Wikimedia affiliates have challenges posting their events in email, which is easiest, then choose meetup.com, twitter, facebook, and conventional channels next. Wikimedia Space seems like the option to consider after all those are in order first. Is there some reason to consider it further? Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:07, 3 July 2019 (UTC)
- In the future, I think that it may be possible to take content from the Wikimedia Space and send it out semi-automagically to some other spaces (e.g., post it on wiki or to a Facebook page).
- Having a central place (whatever that central place is) would be helpful to people who are trying to find out when and where events are happening. Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 22:34, 8 July 2019 (UTC)
- @Whatamidoing (WMF): I am definitely in support of the IFTTT-type solution to post events in one place then see them cross posted elsewhere. This has been a regular topic of discussion in many Wikimedia communities. When the technology is there, even to cross post to just one platform, then I anticipate adoption. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:02, 17 July 2019 (UTC)
Wikimedia Foundation fundraiser in NYC September 2019
Wikipedia Day 2020
- sure, But let us finish today's work before that (combing through GiΔanὃ's edits to find edits that can get him site banned, going fishing for Corbὲtt socks, begging Laura Hale to come back to editing, closing the gender gap in more forceful ways etc). Don't you want to rebuild our site after WP:FRAMGATE?
watch me from where you are Keilana, i have the people of Wikipedia Women in Red with me ,I hope IJethroBT will keep you company...
Question; how do i sign up for talk page notices?
- Add yourself to Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Invite list. -- RoySmith (talk) 21:23, 21 January 2020 (UTC)
Hi everyone. I just added some text, at this diff, to let everyone know about the page Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Invite list. this is the page that enables users to sign up to receive updates and invites right on their talk page!!! this resource seems highly important. This data seems to have been omitted here. this seems important to include on this page.