Wikipedia talk:Page Curation
Made a mistake!
Hi everyone! I just started doing New Page Patrols, and I made a mistake. I assumed that totally non-English pages were criteria for CSD, but I realized afterward it wasn't. I removed the tag and replaced it with the Non-english tag, but it still shows as tagged for speedy deletion. How can I undo this? Thanks! Air ♠ Combat What'sup, dog? 18:52, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
- The page is at 야성의_동맹 Air ♠ Combat What'sup, dog? 18:53, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
Special page in sa.wikipedia
Hi ! I have two questions.
1. I want to make this kind of page in sa.wikipedia. Can you guide me how it can be possible ?
- NehalDaveND Well I think this tool is especially helpful here because English Wiki is so busy so it certainly helps go through all the new pages. It seems the Wikimedia Foundation started this tool but you can likely ask at Wikipedia:Village pump (technical) where some of the software developers comment. Cheers, SwisterTwister talk 08:42, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
- In answer to your Q2, if you patrolled pages in English Wikipedia using Page Curation, then the pages you had patrolled would be listed here: Noyster (talk), 09:59, 19 November 2015 (UTC)
great tool, makes patrolling pages so much easier and much faster to do. --Mr.Luther34 16:43, 19 December 2015 (UTC)
Speedy deletion problem
For some reason, the articles I've marked with deletion appear as reviewed instead when I choose "no indication of significance" or more than one criteria. Is it just me? Myxomatosis57 (talk) 12:02, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
This tool is massively decreasing the workload of patrollers. Thanks to this tool, tagging speedy deletion templates only takes a few seconds and no longer requires patroller to hand-send notifications to SD-tagged users.
However, the tool is not perfect. If the curation bar could integrate categorization toolbar that would be great and saves a plethora of time for patrollers.
Also, I found the speedy deletion portion of the page curation is indeed incomplete. It does not cover redirect speedy-deletion tags, which is used frequently.
Again, I am expressing my sincere appriciation to the developer of this program. With these functions, the tool could be even better.
Tool for moving to draftspace
I review a fair amount of new, undersourced articles and many of these need to be kicked to draftspace and tagged for AfC. Is there any tool that already automates this? (moves page+talk to draftspace while suppressing redirect, updates wikiproject tags, sanitizes page of cats & tags, and marks the page as an unsubmitted AfC draft) If not, this macro would be incredibly useful. czar 17:38, 12 December 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds like a useful addition to the Page Curation tool. Maybe suggest it over there? — Martin (MSGJ · talk) 10:10, 4 January 2016 (UTC)
Thoughts? czar 08:54, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- Unwatching this page—please ping me if you have feedback. czar 04:11, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
Internet Explorer 8