Wikipedia talk:New pages patrol
|This page is only for users discussing the design and content of the tutorials, not for general discussion about NPP.
General discussion for REVIEWERS takes place at Reviewer Talk.
If you would like training for the use of the Page Curation Tools please see Page Curation and its related talk page.
/patrolled pages for discussion on development of the special patrol page (inactive).
|Threads older than 3 months may be archived by.|
New pages feed - suggestion
It would be nice if the new pages feed had a date filter (before after or between). Also, given the number of pages per day, being able to specify am/pm or the hour (1-24 in a dropdown) would be a benefit. It would simplify working through the list IMO if it isn't already available. Regards, Cinderella157 (talk) 04:03, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
- Hi Cinderella157, this has been requested in phabricator and is tracked at the task above. TonyBallioni (talk) 04:06, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
User:TonyBallioni, thankyou for the feedback. I had a look there. I would endorse the idea of a popup calendar per what I read there. What I didn't see there was the idea of adding a time as well. I haven't programmed for years but I would have thought there would be programming tools (templates)that reduced programming a calendar popup to a single line or two, so all up, it would only be a half-dozen lines of code? Rehards, Cinderella157 (talk) 05:15, 7 October 2017 (UTC)
- @Cinderella157, While there is currently no solution, I'll note that it is very fast to click through pages in the NPP browser. If you use the 'next' button, you can spam click the button to queue up a hundred or more clicks, and then it will just jump directly to page 100. It only took me about a minute and a half to scroll through the entire list this way, though my mouse isn't happy with me. — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 03:03, 28 December 2017 (UTC)
- @Cinderella157 it is even quicker if you set the number of items per page to 100 (bottom left), then you only need about 35 clicks to cycle through half the backlog (and you can start from either end by sorting the articles the other way). — Insertcleverphrasehere (or here) 08:30, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Proposal to overhaul the default tutorial
Quarantine promotional suspected Undeclared Paid Editor product
Largely intended as an quick mechanism to respond to UPE new pages, please see Wikipedia_talk:Paid-contribution_disclosure#Or_what? and a formal proposal at Wikipedia:Quarantine promotional Undeclared Paid Editor product. —SmokeyJoe (talk) 00:04, 24 April 2018 (UTC)
user talk to article?
- Could you please explain better? The user linked has no contributions (unless all are deleted). Oiyarbepsy (talk) 16:57, 29 April 2018 (UTC)
- Welcome: 2:42
- The Purpose: 3:40
- Special:NewPagesFeed: 1:19
- op level areas of concern: 2:03
- Copyright violations (WP:COPYVIO): 6:41
- Conflict of Interest (COI) and paid advocacy: 5:09
- Recreations: 0:49
- Sourcing issues: 0:46
- Deletion: 5:02
- Drafts: 1:35
- Foreign language pages (WP:Notenglish): 2:36
- Article titles: 5:06
- Stub tagging: 0:28
- Categorizing: 0;23
- WikiProject Sorting: 0:31
- New unreviewed article: 0:8
- Be nice to the newbies: 2:01
- Unreviewing: 1:42