Wikipedia Help Project, a collaborative effort to improve Wikipedia's help documentation for readers and contributors. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks. To browse help related resources see the Help Menu or Help Directory. Or and a volunteer will visit you there.
This page is within the scope of the ||
||This page does not require a rating on the project's quality scale.
||This page has been rated as Top-importance on the project's importance scale.
Other statements of Wikipedia's purposes, aims or goals
(in no particular order, should be ordered, do it later)
- Wikipedia:Wikipedia in brief. Wikipedia aims to be a neutral compilation of verifiable, established facts.
- Wikipedia:Conflict of interest. The aim of Wikipedia is to produce a neutral, reliably sourced encyclopedia.
- Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not. Wikipedia is an online encyclopedia, a high-quality encyclopedia.
- Wikipedia:Libel. The goal of Wikipedia is to create an encyclopedic information source adhering to a neutral point of view, with all information being referenced through the citation of reliable published sources, so as to maintain a standard of verifiability.
- Wikipedia:Credibility. Credibility is one of Wikipedia's goals.
- Wikipedia:Contributing to Wikipedia. Wikipedia's goal is to compile the sum of all human knowledge into a Web-based, free content encyclopedia.
- User:Alan Liefting/Essays/The sum of all human knowledge. Jimmy Wales wants Wikipedia to be the sum of human knowledge.
- Wikipedia:Advice for parents. Wikipedia aims to offer "the sum of all human knowledge" in a format which is legal to copy, modify and redistribute (copyleft, as we call it) to all, at no cost.
- Wikipedia:Free speech. Wikipedia is dedicated to expanding access to the sum of human knowledge.
- http://slashdot.org/story/04/07/28/1351230/Wikipedia-Founder-Jimmy-Wales-Responds "Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge. That's what we're doing."
- Wikipedia:A Hybrid of Political Doctrine and Encyclopedic Collaboration the goal of disseminating the sum of human knowledge to every person on Earth.
But what is knowledge, and how do definitions of knowledge constrain the aim of the project? --SmokeyJoe (talk) 08:24, 11 September 2011 (UTC)