Wikipedia talk:Teahouse/Host lounge
|This page is within the scope of the Wikipedia Teahouse, a project to help new users on Wikipedia. Please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion.|
Please take a moment...
...to stop by I JethroBT's talk and offer him some congrats on his successful RfA. It will be nice to have one of our own in the ranks of the mopkeepers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by John from Idegon (talk • contribs)
Request an account process needs help
Hello all. I'm DocTree, a member of the English Wikipedia Account Creation Team (ACC). As of April 2015[update] our project has a persistent backlog in creating accounts for new users. Over 100 people are waiting up to a week for an account on the English Wikipedia. If you can spare some time to do a few requests a day, you can help us clear the current backlog and then keep the wait for an account to a day or less.
ACC helps people who are unable to self-create a user account. Some may be sight impaired, others are collateral damage caused by blocks of shared IPs. We use the Account Creation Interface, usually just called the Tool, to screen out attempts to create inappropriate accounts. If this interests you and you're willing to help, and you match the following description, then please do apply per the procedure at Registering. Ideal candidates:
- Are Identified to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Are experienced, knowledgeable and in good standing with no recent blocks
- Know and are able to apply the username policy
- Have worked with new contributors
- Have a good record of civil behavior even while in a dispute
The full list of requirements is here.
We have a very friendly team to help you get started and we have an IRC channel. If you have any questions for us or about the process, feel free to ask at the talkpage. If you can help, we would greatly appreciate it. For the ACC Team, DocTree (ʞlɐʇ·ʇuoɔ) WER 15:12, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Doctree: As much as I would love to help out with my experience at AfC, NPP and here, I think the identifying requirement is stopping people (like myself) from joining. If you don't mind, why is that a requirement? As far as I know, AC requires no serious personal information, unlike CU or Oversight which I understand. I can't find any official policies stating it either, but maybe I'm just not digging deep enough. Thanks in advance! EoRdE6(Come Talk to Me!) 03:21, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Admin needed: update Teahouse Q&A gadget description
There's a request at the Gadgets talk page to update the Teahouse Q&A gadget description. Could one of our local admins update it to say something like "Ask a question" feature for Teahouse project ? Thanks, - J-Mo Talk to Me Email Me 20:57, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- Done. Writ Keeper ⚇♔ 21:10, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
Semi-protected edit request on 24 June 2015
|This edit request has been answered. Set the
- Hello Abadat. This is the talk page of the Teahouse's Host lounge. It is a place for discussing the Teahouse project. That is the way it works across Wikipedia – projects like this one, as well as encyclopedia articles and users like myself and you have a talk page. Your request is unclear to me overall, but it does not seem related to this project. That is, unless by posting links to your social media, you were intending something like adding yourself as a host, and wanted those links to be associated with you? But we don't do that; our activities are here and we generally communicate only here. Such links would not belong as part of your Teahouse Host profile – even if you were experienced enough to be a host, which you're not as a brand new user. I suspect though that your edit request is simply misplaced. Can you describe what it is you were seeking to do?--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 11:39, 24 June 2015 (UTC)