Wikipedia talk:Teahouse/Host lounge
|This page is within the scope of the Wikipedia Teahouse, a project to help new users on Wikipedia. Please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion.|
Please take a moment...
...to stop by I JethroBT's talk and offer him some congrats on his successful RfA. It will be nice to have one of our own in the ranks of the mopkeepers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by John from Idegon (talk • contribs)
Request for assistnace.
- Oh wow I don't even know where to start with that... Warning users for testing in their sandbox, telling users "your account will be blocked forever", jumping past warning levels 1,2,3 and going straight to 4... I guess I message on their talk telling them to focus on editing articles and not reverting and warning for awhile... I would give it a shot, but I'm on mobile so I cant get the diff links and type well enough for that. EoRdE6(Come Talk to Me!) 16:09, 11 April 2015 (UTC)
Request an account process needs help
Hello all. I'm DocTree, a member of the English Wikipedia Account Creation Team (ACC). As of April 2015[update] our project has a persistent backlog in creating accounts for new users. Over 100 people are waiting up to a week for an account on the English Wikipedia. If you can spare some time to do a few requests a day, you can help us clear the current backlog and then keep the wait for an account to a day or less.
ACC helps people who are unable to self-create a user account. Some may be sight impaired, others are collateral damage caused by blocks of shared IPs. We use the Account Creation Interface, usually just called the Tool, to screen out attempts to create inappropriate accounts. If this interests you and you're willing to help, and you match the following description, then please do apply per the procedure at Registering. Ideal candidates:
- Are Identified to the Wikimedia Foundation
- Are experienced, knowledgeable and in good standing with no recent blocks
- Know and are able to apply the username policy
- Have worked with new contributors
- Have a good record of civil behavior even while in a dispute
The full list of requirements is here.
We have a very friendly team to help you get started and we have an IRC channel. If you have any questions for us or about the process, feel free to ask at the talkpage. If you can help, we would greatly appreciate it. For the ACC Team, DocTree (ʞlɐʇ·ʇuoɔ) WER 15:12, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
- @Doctree: As much as I would love to help out with my experience at AfC, NPP and here, I think the identifying requirement is stopping people (like myself) from joining. If you don't mind, why is that a requirement? As far as I know, AC requires no serious personal information, unlike CU or Oversight which I understand. I can't find any official policies stating it either, but maybe I'm just not digging deep enough. Thanks in advance! EoRdE6(Come Talk to Me!) 03:21, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Admin needed: update Teahouse Q&A gadget description
There's a request at the Gadgets talk page to update the Teahouse Q&A gadget description. Could one of our local admins update it to say something like "Ask a question" feature for Teahouse project ? Thanks, - J-Mo Talk to Me Email Me 20:57, 21 April 2015 (UTC)