Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Airlines/Defunct airlines task force
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Airlines/Defunct airlines task force page.
|WikiProject Aviation / Defunct Airlines||(Rated Project-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 45 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Convert this project to a task force?
Hello, I would like to convert this project to a task force of the Airlines WikiProject in order to better encourage participation in this project. Getting rid of this project entirely and merging with the Airlines WikiProject isn't really something that we would want to do. Since this is already a child project of WP:Airlines, it only makes sense to convert it to a task force. Thoughts? —Compdude123 20:56, 11 August 2012 (UTC)
- Agree, it would get better visability as part of an active project. MilborneOne (talk) 21:20, 11 August 2012 (UTC)
- I don't see a problem with this change. It seems somewhat minor to me. Would the name need to changed or modified for it to be a task force? (I doubt, bu am asking to be sure.) -Fnlayson (talk) 23:42, 14 August 2012 (UTC)
- I think that shifting it across to being a taskforce is justified; it is already a child project so it won't be an earthshattering change. Kyteto (talk) 00:38, 15 August 2012 (UTC)
- Since there's consensus so far, I am going to go ahead with the change. —Compdude123 19:06, 16 August 2012 (UTC)
PROD Robertson Air Service as misnaming of Robertson Aircraft Corporation.
I have proposed Robertson Air Service for deletion, because it appears to be a misnaming of Robertson Aircraft Corporation (RAC). RAC did provide airline service between the listed cities during the claimed time period, but this is already covered in its article. I can't find any evidence that Robertson ever flew any operations under the name "Robertson Air Service". The only matches I get on that name for this area and time frame all originate from the Robertson Air Service article. --Colin Douglas Howell (talk) 21:20, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
- Why not
simply moving the pagebetter creating a redirect instead of PRODing?--Jetstreamer Talk 23:59, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
- I thought about a redirect, but when the name in question hasn't ever actually been used for the entity by any writer (discounting our own goof), it seems like a bad idea. (The closest I can find is this, but since that's from 1938, it seems to refer to the slightly later Robertson Air Lines, not the company described here, which had already disappeared within American Airlines by this time. Also note that several book hits for "Robertson Air Service" actually come from the Wikipedia article, thanks to recent books automatically generated from Wikipedia articles.) Furthermore, there was a fairly important aerial topdressing company named Robertson Air Service in New Zealand, so I think the name should be reserved for that. (The name is also currently being used by an air conditioning service company in North Carolina.) --Colin Douglas Howell (talk) 17:16, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
This is a notice about Category:Defunct Airlines articles needing expert attention, which might be of interest to your WikiProject. It will take a while before the category is populated. Iceblock (talk) 16:26, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
multiple lists of defunct US airlines
- There is long-standing list-article, List of defunct airlines of the United States, created 27 June 2008.
- There is List of defunct airlines of United States created 19 August 2015. This is in tabular form, which adds value. There is some merit to this. But shouldn't this be composed in draft-space and then be proposed as a replacement to copy into the other one? It seems wrong for both of them to be in mainspace.
- Now there is brand new List of defunct airlines of the United States Of America, a copy?, created 19 September 2015. What is going on?