Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga/Cleanup task force
|WikiProject Anime and manga||(Rated Project-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved.|
Unreferenced living people articles bot
User:DASHBot/Wikiprojects provides a list, updated daily, of unreferenced living people articles (BLPs) related to your project. There has been a lot of discussion recently about deleting these unreferenced articles, so it is important that these articles are referenced.
The unreferenced articles related to your project can be found at >>>Wikipedia:WikiProject Anime and manga/Cleanup task force/Unreferenced BLPs<<<
If you do not want this wikiproject to participate, please add your project name to this list.
Thank you. Okip 02:45, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
Rave Master characters
If you look at this article List of Rave Master characters it is quite a big mess listing every single character even minor one time characters. Also lots of characters from the series have their own articles which are just really detailed plot summary and have no sources or any real world reception making them not notable. I'm wondering If I can get some other fans of this series together to get this stuff straighten up. - SuperTiencha (talk) 03:34, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
- Alot of articles are in that state. You most likely won't find someone that will put alot of time into it, so you gotta do it yourself. I waited to see if anyone was going to clean up the Case Closed articles but ended up doing it myself overtime. DragonZero (Talk · Contribs) 04:58, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
List of Clannad characters
Protocol for in-article lists, such as voice roles for seiyū
I noticed while browsing several seiyū pages (example: Rina Satō) that many of them have different formatting in the section frequently titled Notable Voice Roles. Is there a standard for these lists? I'm particularly interested in the the headings used for different types of media (Anime/Video Games/Dubbing) and years, as well as how to list the appropriate character name along with the series title. Basically I just want to make sure I'm not accidentally making a mess someone else has to clean up later when I add things... --Entoaggie09 (talk) 04:02, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- As long as there isn't trivia and the headings are out-of-universe, it shouldn't be a problem. Try what works. DragonZero (Talk · Contribs) 09:30, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- WP:FILMOGRAPHY has some recommendations. It's mainly that the works are arranged chronologically or alphabetically (the latter for movie dubbing where year doesn't matter) in order to meet WP:WORKS Tables are suggested if there are a lot of roles that need to be organized. As for the specific questions, MOS:SECTIONCAPS says to write the header in sentence style so write "Video games" instead of "Video Games". And I would go by WP:COMMONNAME for titled works and character names, e.g. "Heaven's Lost Property – Tomoki Sakurai" instead of "Sora no Otoshimono – Sakurai Tomoki". But where there's a notable Japanese common name, you can retain that. e.g.: "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX – Asuka Tenjouin" instead of "Yu-Gi-Oh! GX – Alexis Rhodes". Sometimes the season is listed with a Japanese common name as with "Zero no Tsukaima: Princesse no Rondo – Tiffania Westwood", but I agree it's whatever would least confuse.
- On Japanese voice actors, it's optional whether you want to separate Anime TV series and specials from OVA. On English voice actors, I don't separate those categories as they are all produced in the same manner, and I treat most film dubs as direct-to-videos unless the dub had a significant theater premiere. AngusWOOF (bark • sniff) 16:50, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
Merged pages - templates?
I've had enough of editing actual articles for today so turned my attention to checking articles tagged for cleanup to update them as needed. I noticed about 40 articles tagged for merging on the talk pages but most of them have already been merged. Therefore I started removing the merge tags but it occurred to me that maybe these pages don't need the anime template at all if they are just redirects.
Whats the policy or feeling about this? On many of them there is just the project template and outdated notices about non free images, so they can presumably be blanked. Obviously any discussions should probably be left, but should the template still be removed? I don't remember how I did this in the past. Dandy Sephy (talk) 22:53, 25 January 2014 (UTC)
- Just change the class to redirect. Even I don't know what should be done about them. DragonZero (Talk · Contribs) 08:04, 26 January 2014 (UTC)
Stub article cleanup
There is an important discussion regarding the article's goal to get all articles from Stub class to at least Start class. The discussion can be found at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Anime and manga#Destubify project. Lord Sjones23 (talk - contributions) 01:34, 25 March 2016 (UTC)