Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Aviation
|WikiProject:Aviation exists to co-ordinate Wikipedia's aviation content. However, if you are here to ask a question or raise a concern about a particular article, it may be better directed to one of the following sub-projects:|
watch · edit · discuss
|View full version (with review alerts)|
|Please place new discussions at the bottom of the talk page.|
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Aviation and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15|
Articles for review
|WikiProject Aviation was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 9 August 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 "Space program"
- 2 GAN review request
- 3 History of aviation in New Zealand
- 4 A-Class review for McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II in UK service needs attention
- 5 Hawker Hunter Tower Bridge incident
- 6 Notice to participants at this page about adminship
- 7 Looking for feedback on a tool on Visual Editor to add open license text from other sources
- 8 Articles for deletion
- 9 Notification of nomination for deletion of Template:Green aviation
- 10 Proposed deletion
GAN review request
I nominated Virgin Atlantic Little Red for GA a few months ago. An editor made a comment that they didn't want to review it and asked for a second opinion. Suddenly they shut it without warning or a fully explained reason. I have since renominated and I am now placing it out here, to ask the project for that second opinion in a new GAR please. The C of E God Save the Queen! (talk) 07:11, 7 June 2016 (UTC)
History of aviation in New Zealand
G'day all, I have moved the History of aviation in New Zealand article from user space into article space on behalf of its author Huttoldboys. It isn't really a topic I'm familiar with, so if anyone here is keen to help improve the article further I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers, AustralianRupert (talk) 00:12, 13 June 2016 (UTC)
A-Class review for McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II in UK service needs attention
A few more editors are needed to complete the A-Class review for McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II in UK service; please stop by and help review the article! Thanks! AustralianRupert (talk) 12:36, 19 June 2016 (UTC)
Should an article, even one titled "incident", be categorized as an "incident"? Or because it's not an accident, should it not be categorized under "accidents and incidents"?
The claim has been made that this is not an incident (for WP cat) because it is not an accident or incident per the ICAO.http://www.emsa.europa.eu/retro/Docs/marine_casualties/annex_13.pdf However the ICAO definition of "incident" is "An occurrence, other than an accident, associated with the operation of an aircraft which affects or could affect the safety of operation". This is clearly an occurrence, and flying beneath a bridge structure would have to be seen as "could affect the safety of operation". Andy Dingley (talk) 13:12, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
- It is clearly an incident, even though there was no damage or injuries. Therefore categorizing under "accidents and incidents" is correct. Mjroots (talk) 17:29, 22 June 2016 (UTC)
Notice to participants at this page about adminship
Many participants here create a lot of content, have to evaluate whether or not a subject is notable, decide if content complies with BLP policy, and much more. Well, these are just some of the considerations at Wikipedia:Requests for adminship.
So, please consider taking a look at and watchlisting this page:
You could be very helpful in evaluating potential candidates, and maybe even finding out if you would be a suitable RfA candidate.
Many thanks and best wishes,
Looking for feedback on a tool on Visual Editor to add open license text from other sources
I'm designing a tool for Visual Editor to make it easy for people to add open license text from other sources, there are a huge number of open license sources compatible with Wikipedia including around 9000 journals. I can see a very large opportunity to easily create a high volume of good quality articles quickly. I have done a small project with open license text from UNESCO as a proof of concept, any thoughts, feedback or endorsements (on the Meta page) would be greatly appreciated.
Articles for deletion
For those interested,
Notification of nomination for deletion of Template:Green aviation
This is to inform the members of this Wikiproject, within the scope of which this article falls, that this article has been nominated for deletion at Wikipedia:Templates_for_discussion/Log/2016_July_11#Template:Green_aviation. - ~
For those interested I have PRODded Rank of Commercial-Business Passenger airplanes manufacturer Companies By Production Approx Passenger Capacity Range (yes, that is the name). If you can work out what its purpose is and disagree with the PROD, feel free to contest it. YSSYguy (talk) 01:42, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- I guess all the good topics are taken, so now people have to make them up. Facepalm The user also submitted Draft:Five major manufacturers of civil transport aircraft, which was declined. - BilCat (talk) 13:03, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- - Ahunt (talk) 13:25, 19 July 2016 (UTC)
- The sentence "It most be noticed that there was some manufacturers that they are defuncted or merged in bigger companies which excluded from this table however their production maybe in service until now." was added to the Lead with the edit summary 'discription [sic] improved' . YSSYguy (talk) 03:29, 20 July 2016 (UTC)
- - Ahunt (talk) 13:25, 19 July 2016 (UTC)