Wikipedia talk:WikiProject British TV/Channels
|WikiProject British TV/Channels||(Rated NA-class)|
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Archive 1 (July 2005 to December 2005)|
- 1 Galaxy (British television) → Pick TV merger proposal
- 2 Freeview Multiplex.
- 3 Books
- 4 WikiProject merger?
- 5 Merger of this project into WikiProject Television as a task force
- 6 Merge channels and shows WPP banners
- 7 Template talk:Infobox television channel
- 8 Classic FM TV defunct?
- 9 Cartoon Network UK and EMEA
Galaxy (British television) → Pick TV merger proposal
A user has proposed the merging ofinto .
Please add comments in Talk:Galaxy_(British_television)#Merger proposal. Thanks, 20:33, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
- It would be good if you bothered to check the facts before starting the proposal procedure and wasting everyone's time. You've been taken in by a delinquent editor. Look at the comments in the talk page for Galaxy. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 22:25, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
- I merely helped an editor with the actuality of creating the discussion; in doing so, I did not feel any obligation to form any opinion about the actual proposal; I remained neutral. I am disappointed by your attitude; it is not helpful to describe another editor as 'delinquent'. 00:55, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
- While the actual proposal is frivolous - albeit not malicious - it isn't appropriate to criticise Chzz for bringing it to the action of the WikiProject. It is only fair that the proposal is taken seriously and seen by the right people with the right knowledge, namely the people in this project. It's Malpass 93! (drop me a ___) 22:17, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
For channels on freeview I think it would be useful to have the multiplex listed in the infobox. What does everyone think about this? In my opinion this would improve the articles. (Ruth-2013 (talk) 00:26, 16 July 2011 (UTC))
- Hi I also agree with you it would look much neater and improve the article Fatty2k10 (talk) 09:31, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- I disagree, the infoboxes are there to provide a summary of common important facts. A multiplex name will rarely be of any use to most people beyond troubleshooting. Generally the infobox will only summarize material from an article, which also isn't the case with multiplex names. - Jasmeet_181 (talk) 22:24, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- I see. But surly say if a newly registered member to wiki for example went on a channels page for argument sake just say sky news and are unaware of the dtt channel list surly they may find this useful info. I have lost count as well the amount of non members of wiki have come to me and said when there looking at a tv channels page why does it no mention what multiplex its on. If not in the infobox can it not be mentioned somewhere in the article thus keeping the infobox tidy? (Ruth-2013 (talk) 23:10, 21 July 2011 (UTC))
- A few articles do mention the multiplex, Gems TV (UK) for example explains why the channel has changed broadcast hours. For the most part though they don't, I guess because channels are usually identified by name or channel number rather multiplex/satellite/transponder etc. A manual search, some computer software or generic DTT receivers would use the frequency of the multiplex rather than it's name so I don't see it as comparable to the FTA satellite channels carrying tuning parameters in the infobox. - Jasmeet_181 (talk) 13:59, 22 July 2011 (UTC)
I maintain a couple of Wikipedia Books for my personal use mainly (I was planning to update the Freesat one with today's changes), for Freeview and Freesat channels. If anybody is interested, I can make a Sky one and a Virgin one too.
I would like to suggest the merger of this WikiProject and that of Wikiproject British TV shows to form a new WikiProject British TV. It would have two dedicated task forces: TV Channels and TV Shows, but would be a boost to greater co-operation between the two existing WikiProjects which are fairly well linked and involve many of the same participants. I've copied this onto both WikiProjects' talkpages, and would welcome your thoughts. Cloudbound (talk) 14:22, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- This was merged to WP:WikiProject British TV, as a taskforce, in December 2011 188.8.131.52 (talk) 01:33, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
Merger of this project into WikiProject Television as a task force
It has been suggested that this project be merged into WikiProject Television as a task force since it might be inactive or semi-active. After reviewing this project, it appears that there have not been any active discussion on the talk page in some time and the only content updates appear to be simple maintenance so being supported by a larger project might be beneficial. If you have questions or comments, please let us know. JJ98 (Talk / Contributions) 09:41, 25 November 2011 (UTC)
- This was already merged to WP:WikiProject British TV, in December 2011 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:33, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
I'd like to suggest that the two task force banners be merged into a WPP banner for the new WPP. For the discussion, see WT:WikiProject British TV.
Hey all, there's a discussion at Template talk:Infobox television channel about whether to swap
|website= for consistency with other templates, like Template:Infobox television. Thanks, Cyphoidbomb (talk) 01:08, 8 May 2015 (UTC)
Classic FM TV defunct?
I put the Classic FM TV article into the past tense, as its web pages no longer exist, and I can't find mention of it on the current www
Cartoon Network UK and EMEA
You are invited to join the discussion at Talk:Cartoon Network (UK & Ireland)#Cartoon Network UK and EMEA. Thanks. JSH-alive/talk/cont/mail 05:10, 8 June 2015 (UTC)