Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Capital District
Article assessment in relation to WPNY
See Wikipedia talk:WikiProject New York#Article tagging in relation to subprojects. – TMF (talk) 21:11, 17 October 2012 (UTC)
Having a bit of anrgument about the wording in this article, the article originally claimed it was the oldest charter in the Western Hemisphere, this term is often misused to mean the Americas, when parts of England & Scotland & SPain and all of Wales, Ireland & Portugal are in the Western Hemisphere. NOt to mention portions of Africa. I forst changed Western Hemisphere to Americas that was reverted. I then removed West Hemisphere, it was reinstated by the same user. If some one could have a look before a revert war brakes out.--Kitchen Knife (talk) 21:18, 9 October 2013 (UTC)
- I suspect that the source means the Americas, but I'm not sure that the examples you've provided contradict it, because of the words "possibly" and "still in force". At least one of the charters you've mentioned is Liverpool's 1207 charter, which is usually described as its first charter, implying that there has been at least one since then - and many of the charters in England appear to have been superseded in around 1685 and again more recently, such as in the 1970s local government reforms. A search doesn't find confirmation of anything older, but it may be that there is but the research hasn't been done, or hasn't been published online, or isn't easy to find online. The claim was made by "Stefan Bielinski, author of Government by the People a 64-page book written to mark Albany's Tricentennial", so I'd say if it's to be included this should be attributed within the article. Peter James (talk) 20:27, 11 October 2013 (UTC)
- A discussion was started much earlier than this at the WP:NOR/N which is the proper place for a community discussion, not here, which this wikiproject has not been all that active (and that for possible conflict of interest purposes I'll admit- I co-founded this wikiproject). The NOR/N discussion was first, is a proper venue, and the next best thing to a discussion on the talk page of Dongan Charter itself.Camelbinky (talk) 01:17, 12 October 2013 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
This is a notice about Category:Capital District articles needing expert attention, which might be of interest to your WikiProject. It will take a while before the category is populated. Iceblock (talk) 06:37, 19 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
After a recent request, I added WikiProject Capital District to the list of projects to compile monthly pageview stats for. The data is the same used by http://stats.grok.se/en/ but the program is different, and includes the aggregate views from all redirects to each page. The stats are at Wikipedia:WikiProject Capital District/Popular pages.
The page will be updated monthly with new data. The edits aren't marked as bot edits, so they will show up in watchlists. You can view more results, request a new project be added to the list, or request a configuration change for this project using the Tool Labs tool. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! Mr.Z-man 03:43, 14 August 2015 (UTC)
Timeline of Saratoga Springs
As this is Saratoga Springs' centennial as a city, I am currently in the process of doing a timeline on its history. Is this a good idea, even though I am a native and am rather knowledgeable about the city's history (especially from about the mid-20th century onward)? --JB82 (talk) 19:23, 16 August 2015 (UTC)