Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Computer Security
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Computer Security page.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|WikiProject Computer Security / Computing||(Rated Project-class)|
DROWN attack on TLS
RZA4096 File Encryption Ransomware
Hi guys, last Sunday when i started my computer in the morning i found all my data files encrypted on my PC. Well, tried to fix this issue by restarting my PC but it does not worked. After then i tried to run the Anti-malware application running in my system and its fails too. Well, after sometimes a strange message locks my PC screen.
@@@@@@@ What happened to your files ? @@@@@@@ All of your files were protected by a strong encryption with RZA4096 @@@@@@@ More information about the en-Xryption keys using RZA4096 can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSA_(cryptosystem)
@@@@@@@ How did this happen ? @@@@@@@ !!! Specially for your PC was generated personal RZA4096 Key , both publik and private. @@@@@@@ !!! ALL YOUR FILES were en-Xrypted with the publik key, which has been transferred to your computer via the Internet. @@@@@@@ !!! Decrypting of your files is only possible with the help of the privatt key and de-crypt program , which is on our Secret Server
@@@@@@@ What do I do ? @@@@@@@ So , there are two ways you can choose: wait for a miracle and get your price doubled, or start obtaining BITCOIN NOW! , and restore your data easy way @@@@@@@ If You have really valuable data, you better not waste your time, because there is no other way to get your files, except make a payment
It was asking me to pay the ransom in exchange of the access of my precious file. However, when i searched about RZA4096 File Encryption Ransomware i reached to a blog spot site : Kick Ass Malware from where i came to that it is a file encrypting ransomware virus. However, the manual methods listed on that blog does not helped me to remove the threat completely form my PC. Meanwhile, that particular blog is also promote an Anti-Malware tool to remove RZA4096 File Encryption Ransomware. Please suggest me should i use the Tool and remove the threat or i simply pay the ransom. Kindly help me guys as i don't want to lose my important data. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Mathewpeter1 (talk • contribs) 17:43, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- Wikipedia is not a forum, so you're asking in the wrong place. Here's a forum where people are talking about this particular ransomware:  And finally: "as i don't want to lose my important data": since you don't have a backup (otherwise, just restore that), you've already lost your data. Now you're trying to get it back from the criminals that are holding it hostage. --DanielPharos (talk) 05:57, 25 May 2016 (UTC)
Could use some help over here!
Hello, I decided to be bold and start an new article on the clusters of attacks utilizing unauthorized access to SWIFT to send fund transfer messages to, well, rob banks. And the ongoing investigations into links to North Korea. It's just a start, please help! Chris vLS (talk) 17:08, 28 May 2016 (UTC)
I've recently checked into the list of Wikipedia:WikiProject Computer Security/Members.
Could this list be improved by stating which members are currently active or inactive or haven't made a contribution in quite some time.
Also there has been some users have joined without making a single contribution to an article or a talk page relating to the subject of computer security.
(Some these accounts only contribution was to just add their name to the list.)
Perhaps leaving notices on the talk pages of users who haven't made a contribution relating to computer security stating that they'll be removed from the project in four weeks time would be suffice.
As for users who have made contributions, but are inactive they could be placed on an inactive section on the list.
- I'm all for it. I guess if nobody objects within (say) a week or two, we should go ahead. --DanielPharos (talk) 17:21, 27 July 2016 (UTC)
- I have no problem with the idea of contacting registered members to determine their status. ~Kvng (talk) 14:33, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
- I guess we're ready to send notifications to users. FockeWulf FW 190 (talk) 00:22, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
Thank you for your notification. I am planning to contribute an article about the cyber initiative that connects European CERTs, is involved in ENISA etc. Am looking forward to comments (within a week or so) Ppinia — Preceding unsigned comment added by Ppinia (talk • contribs) 07:59, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
This section is created for users to state their user status as active or inactive. Please be sure to update your status to keep your status as active. Feel free to use the example below.
- Active FockeWulf FW 190
- Active DanielPharos
- Active User:DPdH
- Active User:Pleasancoder —Preceding undated comment added 22:52, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active Jclemens (talk)
- Active Callsignpink (talk) 23:26, 16 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active The Grumpy Hacker (talk) 00:16, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active User:Ozhu —Preceding undated comment added 01:32, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Inactive Neo139 (talk) 01:40, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active Dawnseeker2000 02:18, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active LoganLopez (talk) 03:59, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active happysmash27 —Preceding undated comment added 04:04, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active WikiGopi
- Active Sonora Carlos (talk) 18:18, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active Marcus_Band (talk) 08:43, 18 August 2016 (UTC)
- Inactive Nickntg — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2A02:582:1CC9:E300:EDA6:A4E9:6842:616C (talk) 21:04, 17 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active deadrat
- Active kvng
- Inactive L337p4wn Talk to me! 05:26, 23 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active Comepradz (talk) 08:35, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active MahajanDeepakV —Preceding undated comment added 12:47, 30 August 2016 (UTC)
- Active User:Ppinia —Preceding undated comment added 15:31, 7 September 2016 (UTC)
- Inactive Paul M. Nguyen (chat|blame) 01:16, 10 September 2016 (UTC)
- Agreed. Go ahead! --DanielPharos (talk) 15:05, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
Existing article quality
Dear wikipedians, about 70% of articles in scope for this project don't get to "C" in quality scale. Is there any improvement initiative in the pipeline? Kind regards, DPdH (talk) 07:37, 17 August 2016 (UTC)