Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Cricket/to do
- Article assessment
- Check Category:Unassessed cricket articles for class and Category:Unknown-importance cricket articles for importance: see Assessment Department for details
- Update fair and unfair play, fast bowling, first-class cricket, googly, innings, leg break, limited overs cricket, not out, Pakistan Cricket Board, spin bowling, underarm bowling, wicket, and other fundamental articles classified by the WikiProject as high-importance so that they meet WP:Verifiability policy standards
- There is a toolserver based WikiProject Cricket cleanup list that automatically updates weekly to show all articles covered by this project which are marked with cleanup tags. (also available in one big list and in CSV format)
Upon encountering a Wikipedia page, pertaining to the word “Slog,” as it relates to sports terminology in the game of Cricket, I noticed a potential opportunity to assist in the clean-up of Stub-Class articles, as mentioned in the Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Cricket/to do Talk Page.
Based on my rudimentary, yet thought-provoking, perusal of the Wikipedia article in question, entitled, Slog, I have deduced that, as a result of the lack of much ostensibly substantial content, depth of knowledge of the subject matter, breadth of the representative material, as well as the lack of any verifiable citations notated within the article, that this article merits compulsory Review and/or Revision.
It is my belief that the page in question would be better purposed by Merging, or rather through incorporating the current page, Slog, into the following Cricket page, whose path is noted here, Cricket.
Allowing the approval of my request to Redirect or Merge the aforementioned page would help to assist in the overall clean-up of Stub Class articles, which will ultimately lead to greater effectiveness, and thus efficiencies.
Greater efficiencies would impact the following Wikipedia processes: 1) Reducing Server Resources, which would positively impact Costs 2) Reducing Potential Maintenance Costs, 3) Eliminate Redundancies (i.e., virtually the same semblance of the definition of “Slog” in Wiktionary, including WikiData), and 4) Utilizing a Top-Down methodology for the Creation and Maintenance of both Categories and Portals, within the auspices of Wikimedia’s intellectual property, for the informational databases and datasets. These suggestions would ultimately create a greater efficiency within the navigation of the Wikipedia Community.
Thank you you for the time you have taken to read this commentary, I look forward to hearing any comments or suggestions on my Talk Page User talk:Markhalsey
Mark Halsey 04:34, 24 February 2018 (UTC)MarkHalsey
- Add infoboxes to the player articles found at Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/requested infoboxes
- Cricket people
- Create articles about 19th century players who are listed in Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/19th century players
- Create biographies about Bangladeshi players from the task force redlink list
- Check the listing of key bios at Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/Key biographies and improve these to at least B-class.
- Create batting/bowling graphs for cricketers who have excelled in international cricket.
- Create articles for redlinks present here and here
- Cricket teams & countries
- Domestic cricket coverage is needed for Bangladesh, Canada, Kenya, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe;
- Create articles from redlinks and improve existing articles in List of current first-class cricket teams; National cricket teams; Under-19 national cricket teams
- Create articles about cricket in these missing countries
- Create or expand articles on international tours from items in Wikipedia:WikiProject Cricket/summary of international tour articles
- Create a link as such on Template:Cr-Aus/doc for Cricket Australia XI
- Add pictures (and remove template from address requests) in these Category:Wikipedia requested images of cricket people
- Add pictures for grounds missing photos from here
- On this day in cricket
- Expand ICC International umpire panel; ICC Elite referee panel; ICC Associates and Affiliates umpire panel
- Expand Women's cricket, Women's Test cricket and articles about women's cricket generally especially biographies and tours
- A number of lists need to be updated, can be found in Template:International cricketers and Template:National cricket captains
- Regularly updating cricketers' career stats.