Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Death
|Main page||Assessment||Templates||Categories||Resources||Participants||Suicide task force|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Death page.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3|
|WikiProject Death||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 RfC regarding manners and causes of death.
- 2 Category talk:Road incident deaths by country
- 3 Project watchers
- 4 Venom
- 5 Popular pages report
- 6 How to describe the Emmett Till case in the lead sentence of the Emmett Till article
- 7 Elysium Space
- 8 Findagrave citation (2017)
- 9 Discussion at Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2017 June 23
- 10 File:Salman Ramadan Abedi, suicide attacker in the Manchester Arena bombing.jpg
- 11 Talk:2017#Prodigy
- 12 Proposal for a Cemetery Task Force
- 13 RfC discussion on May/June events at Talk:2017
- 14 File:James Thomas Hodgkinson.png
- 15 "Died by suicide" instead of "committed suicide"
RfC regarding manners and causes of death.
Interesting - Vampire is on show in May 22... - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Today%27s_featured_article/May_22,_2017 This project was labelled semi active today... Glass half full and glass half empty at the same time JarrahTree 23:57, 10 May 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Death/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Death.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Death, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
How to describe the Emmett Till case in the lead sentence of the Emmett Till article
Opinions are needed on the following matter: Talk:Emmett Till#RfC: Should we include the "accused of showing an interest in a white woman" aspect in the lead or specifically the lead sentence?. A WP:Permalink for it is here. Flyer22 Reborn (talk) 17:04, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
Findagrave citation (2017)
- No. The matter has been discussed so often and with such consistent conclusions that FindAGrave has been added to WP:PEREN as a site to avoid using as a source. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 00:13, 10 June 2017 (UTC)
Discussion at Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2017 June 23
The usage of the image File:Salman Ramadan Abedi, suicide attacker in the Manchester Arena bombing.jpg is discussed at Wikipedia:Files for discussion/2017 June 13, where I invite you to comment. --George Ho (talk) 11:54, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
Proposal for a Cemetery Task Force
I think this project might benefit by separating Cemetery articles and lists - and having them in a dedicated task force - rather than just the Death tag and area - any thoughts ?? JarrahTree 03:12, 29 June 2017 (UTC)
There is an RfC discussion on which event that occurred in May/June 2017 to include or exclude (Talk:2017#RfC: Events in May and June 2017). Join in discussion. --George Ho (talk) 06:33, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
The image was undeleted, was relisted, and is discussed at Wikipedia:Files for discussion/2017 July 7#File:James Thomas Hodgkinson.png, where comments are welcome there. --George Ho (talk) 00:10, 18 July 2017 (UTC)
"Died by suicide" instead of "committed suicide"
I know it's fairly pedantic, but I think there should be a shift in language when talking about suicide. At the very least, many of the categories could be updated to use better words. http://www.suicide.org/stop-saying-committed-suicide.html ~ Amalas rawr =^_^= 19:14, 20 July 2017 (UTC)