Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Energy
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Energy and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|WikiProject Energy||(Rated Project-class, Top-importance)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by Lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
- 1 The AP1000 Units "which are currently on schedule to go into service in 2020."
- 2 Clifton Hall Colliery
- 3 Draft Enka İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. article
- 4 Energy kite
- 5 List of nuclear power stations
- 6 Commons:Categories for discussion/2019/02/Category:Power plants
- 7 WP 1.0 Bot Beta
- 8 Thermal energy question
- 9 Documentation update for Template:Infobox power station
The AP1000 Units "which are currently on schedule to go into service in 2020."
WECTEC Post Bankruptcy personnel have rumored the current schedule now indicates completion in 2023 with a cost to complete estimated at 10.8 Billion Dollars.
Draft Enka İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. article
Hello! Over the past few months, I've been working with the Istanbul-based engineering and construction company Enka İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş. to draft a new Wikipedia article. You'll notice the existing article is unsourced in its entirety and there are two tags at the top of the page.
I don't edit the main space because of my conflict of interest, so I'm looking for an editor to review my proposed draft and update the article appropriately. I've disclosed my COI at Talk:Enka İnşaat ve Sanayi A.Ş., and submitted an initial request to add the proposed company overview.
Would redirect Energy kite go to Crosswind kite power or Airborne wind turbine or Makani Power or elsewhere? Watch this to help you decide. Cheers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Anna Frodesiak (talk • contribs) 08:26, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
For Commons contributors here not watching the CFD on Commons, please take a few moments to review the above proposal to standardise category names on Commons. Thank you. Rehman 15:55, 25 February 2019 (UTC)
WP 1.0 Bot Beta
Hello! Your WikiProject has been selected to participate in the WP 1.0 Bot rewrite beta. This means that, starting in the next few days or weeks, your assessment tables will be updated using code in the new bot, codenamed Lucky. You can read more about this change on the Wikipedia 1.0 Editorial team page. Thanks! audiodude (talk) 06:47, 27 February 2019 (UTC)
Thermal energy question
- Thermal capacity: 300 MWt
- CHP heating capacity: 150 MWt
- Nameplate capacity: 120 MWe
Since this is a thermal power station (i.e. energy source is based on heat), does this mean 30MWt constitutes to thermal conversion losses and/or internal use (
(300 - (150 + 120)) = 30)? Am I right to assume such? Thanks! Rehman 12:40, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
- Likely, but I don't think we can make assumptions; particularly with the low input temperature of 190deg which reduces thermodynamic efficiency. A detailed description could be available in technical papers. The 120 MWe electrical may not be feasible at the same time as the 150 MWt district heating. Usually some flexibility as available to gradually adjust between heat and power; the station could flex to anything between 120 MWe with 100 MWt, to perhaps 100 MWe with 150 MWt. TGCP (talk) 13:02, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
- This paper gives more detail, but be aware that it is 18 years old and the plant has been expanded. Figure 1 indicates that the station draws up to 350 kg/s of thermal fluid with 1500 kJ/kg, so a crude value of the input (measured at well head) was (2000) 525 MWt. Figure 1 also indicates that the thermal output to Reykjavik was between 128 MWt and 227 MWt. Section 2 indicates that the input power is controlled at the well head, less thermal fluid is drawn in if there is less demand for heating/hot water. The same section indicates that the condenser temperature is varied so that the electrical ouput can be maintained even as the CHP is varied. HTH, Martin of Sheffield (talk) 13:28, 7 March 2019 (UTC)
Documentation update for Template:Infobox power station
Hello. Your opinion on how to streamline documentation of the above infobox is very much welcome. Please see Template_talk:Infobox_power_station#Documentation_update to participate. Thank you. Rehman 08:18, 21 March 2019 (UTC)