Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Environment
|Main page||Environment Portal||Article assessment||Collaboration||Members||Definitions||Popular pages||Talk page|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Environment page.
|WikiProject Environment||(Rated Project-class)|
|WikiProject Environment was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on April 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 Water pollution
- 2 Related discussion (Category:Species threatened by climate change)
- 3 RfC: Impact of ExxonMobil climate expertise on operational planning at Natuna
- 4 Wiki Education Foundation looking for input on Environmental Science student guidebook
- 5 One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
- 6 Portal:Environment has a broken link to its FP image
Just a quick note to mention that the article Water pollution had been reviewed by an external expert Access to review notes here, as part of Wikipedia Primary School Research Project. Feedback welcome ! Anthere (talk)
Related discussion (Category:Species threatened by climate change)
Please see Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Environment/Climate change task force#New category Category:Species threatened by climate change. jonkerz ♠talk 15:52, 25 April 2016 (UTC)
RfC: Impact of ExxonMobil climate expertise on operational planning at Natuna
You are invited to join the discussion at Talk:ExxonMobil climate change controversy#RfC: Context of Natuna gas field on the impact of climate expertise on ExxonMobil operational planning. Should the following, bolded for clarity, be added to ExxonMobil climate change controversy?
Exxon also studied ways of avoiding CO2 emissions if the East Natuna gas field (Natuna D-Alpha block) offshore of Indonesia were developed. An October 1984 internal report from Exxon's top climate modelers said that the gas field contained over 70% carbon dioxide and that if the carbon dioxide were released to the atmosphere it would make the gas field "the world's largest point source emitter of CO2 and raises concern for the possible incremental impact of Natuna on the CO2 greenhouse problem." Members of Exxon's board of directors told Exxon staff that the gas field could not be developed without a cost-effective and environmentally responsible method for handling the CO2.
Please comment at Talk:ExxonMobil climate change controversy#RfC: Context of Natuna gas field on the impact of climate expertise on ExxonMobil operational planning. Thank you! Hugh (talk) 18:41, 1 May 2016 (UTC)
Wiki Education Foundation looking for input on Environmental Science student guidebook
Hi everyone! The Wiki Education Foundation is looking for community input on an upcoming print brochure for US and Canadian university students. The handbook focuses on editing Environmental Science topics on Wikipedia. I'd love to hear feedback and recommendations from this community! You can read the proposed document here. Thanks in advance! --Eryk (Wiki Ed) (talk) 16:45, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
- These resources could be mentioned somewhere in the document.
- —Wavelength (talk) 04:19, 9 May 2016 (UTC) and 04:50, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- Here are some additional resources.
- "The Glossary of Mathematical Mistakes" at http://www.mathmistakes.com
- "Whoops! Blunders and Mistakes of Science and Engineering." at https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/whoops.htm
- List of unsolved problems in biology
- Wikipedia:Requested articles/Natural sciences/Environment and geology
- "Environment Web Directory" at http://www.webdirectory.com
- —Wavelength (talk) 02:04, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- Here is a third set of resources.
- "Evaluating Internet Research Sources" at http://www.virtualsalt.com/evalu8it.htm
- —Wavelength (talk) 02:37, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
- Here is a fourth set of resources.
- "Environmental News Network -- Know Your Environment" at http://www.enn.com
- "Journal of Cleaner Production - ScienceDirect.com" at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09596526
- —Wavelength (talk) 05:00, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
To Wavelength, DASonnenfeld, Winterysteppe, SageRad, Antycrist and OhanaUnited: (and everyone else at Wikipedia:WikiProject Environment/participants — the above addressees were names I got from the recent history so I could notify the more active editors)
I saw your broken featured portal image in Wikipedia:Portal's See also section's Featured portal box. See my post at Portal_talk:Environment § Your project's image was broken.... Sorry my real-life limitations prevent me from doing more than just pointing this out! Hope this helps! —Geekdiva (talk) 23:04, 2 September 2016 (UTC)