Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Essays/Archives/2011/September
|This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
What to do next?
Magog the Ogre used a term which was new to me. He used "delegitimize" in a context in which I was only an onlooker. The term brought together a number of issues which I had been struggling to put into words.
- WP:Delegitimization as a tactic was created
- It was challenged at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Wikipedia:Delegitimization as a tactic.
- Is this an appropriate place to ask for help in responding constructively?
- The history of recurrent and increasing usage in a range of WP:Namespace contexts suggests (a) the arguable relevance of the subject; and (b) the plausible likelihood of potential contributors who may expand it -- compare Wikipedia search results
- The use of this term in a range of real world contexts suggests that it has become a "buzz word", which suggests continued and increasing namespace usage in the near future -- compare Google search results.
The critics use the term "userfy"; and in response, I created User:Tenmei/Delegitimisation as a tactic, but this does addresses nothing to respond to questions and criticism. What to do next is still an unanswered question. --Tenmei (talk) 22:50, 23 September 2011 (UTC)