Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Geography
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Geography page.
|This subject is featured in the Outline of geography, which is incomplete and needs further development.|
Threads older than 120 days may be archived.
- 1 Category hierarchy for rivers and lakes by US State
- 2 Scope
- 3 Discussion at Talk:List of towns and cities with 100,000 or more inhabitants
- 4 Useful 2014 document for Cambodia geography articles
- 5 Discussion on template data storage
- 6 Should the Indochina and Mainland Southeast Asia articles be merged?
- 7 Reliability of World Population Review
- 8 Disputed title
Category hierarchy for rivers and lakes by US State
As an example, Category:Rivers of Massachusetts is in Category:Bodies of water of Massachusetts, which is in Category:Water in Massachusetts, which is in Category:Geography of Massachusetts. Why isn't the rivers category (also) directly in the Geography category? I fixed this for Category:Rivers of Iowa (and Category:Lakes of Iowa), but on discovering that there's a large number of these figured I should discuss before changing any more.
I've marked Red Hills, Tasmania, Naduar, Dugure, Climate and vegetation interactions in the Arctic, Makotopong, SWISS TXT, Theegalagutta Palle, Ciudad Valles, Sierra de Tamaulipas, Kuh-e Shah, Bahanaga, Porto delle Grazie, Ngadirojo with the geography wikiproject tag at their talk pages. Is this appropriate and within the scope of this wikiproject? Please advise. (There is a discussion at this talk page where JarrahTree suggests that marking all locations with the geography wikiproject may not be appropriate.)
Also Draft:RTA (Niger), Draft:El Grito de Sunset Park, Draft:Port of Moses Lake, Draft:Clady River, Draft:Arthur's Stone, Kerikeri, Draft:Asansol in world war II, User:Sakaplowitz/sandbox, Draft:Rue d'Aubagne. --Gryllida (talk) 19:20, 9 December 2018 (UTC)
- I tend to add geographical articles to a subordinate project if at all possible e.g. a river article to Wikipedia:WikiProject Rivers. Only if there is no subordinate, do I add this project tag, otherwise I suspect this project will become too big to manage. Other sub-projects are listed here. HTH. Bermicourt (talk) 08:42, 11 January 2019 (UTC)
I don't understand why this page and its subpages are not tagged as part of this WikiProject, but there is a discussion on this article's Talk page regarding whether the content of the subpages should be merged into the main page. See section "Idea: replace 2 pages of multiple sub pages by one huge table?". Jalen D. Folf (talk) 04:14, 10 February 2019 (UTC)
Useful 2014 document for Cambodia geography articles
Just spotted a useful document for Cambodia geography articles.
- Cambodia Municipality and Province Investment Information, Japan International Cooperation Agency, 2014
Broomstraw2 (talk) 16:24, 18 February 2019 (UTC)
Discussion on template data storage
Should the Indochina and Mainland Southeast Asia articles be merged?
Hi. Input is appreciated at Talk:Mainland Southeast Asia#We need to rename this page back to Indochina of to a name of the sorts. I would like to request a move. --Paul_012 (talk) 07:39, 23 March 2019 (UTC)
Reliability of World Population Review
I've started a discussion about this source of demographic statistics at Wikipedia:Reliable sources/Noticeboard#World Population Review. Expert input is welcome. Cordless Larry (talk) 08:11, 31 March 2019 (UTC)