Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Google
|This subject is featured in the Outline of Google, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|WikiProject Google||(Rated Project-class)|
|Threads older than 180 days may be archived by.|
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
I have just proposed a YouTube Wikiproject that would cover any Articles relevant to YouTube People, Culture, Organisations and Business
Google Play Movies listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Google Play Movies to be moved to Google Play Movies & TV. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:21, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Alphabet Task Force
- I went ahead and created it at: Wikipedia:Alphabet Task Force.
- You are welcome to create tasks force as you like. If you want guidance, check Wikipedia:WikiProject Council.
- I might warn that that the software and social support for task forces and WikiProjects is far less than people expect. There are hundreds of Wikiprojects, and only the most popular ones have 5 active users. This Google project has been around for years and does not have 5 users, so unless something extraordinary happens, neither will this subproject. Setting up a task force / WikiProject does grant access to tools, but they are difficult to set up and have outdated documentation. As you invest your time in this, try to imagine what you want to happen as a result, what the likely outcome is, and how much time you want to put into this. There are other ways to get support for projects and many people are disappointed with the response to the task forces they make. Do what you want here to enjoy it - if you like the task force then make it. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:49, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- Is this going to be a separate WikiProject or a Task Force of WikiProject Google? --Varnent (talk)(COI) 23:18, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
- Since it's called a task force - I am going to go ahead and adjust it to be set up as one. As Bluerasberry points out - a new WikiProject can be a big undertaking, and this being under the Google effort seems logical to me. Feel free to revert and comment here if you object. :) --Varnent (talk)(COI) 23:24, 18 August 2015 (UTC)