Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Google
|This subject is featured in the Outline of Google, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|Threads older than 180 days may be archived by.|
Google Play Movies listed at Requested moves
A requested move discussion has been initiated for Google Play Movies to be moved to Google Play Movies & TV. This page is of interest to this WikiProject and interested members may want to participate in the discussion here. —RMCD bot 23:21, 28 May 2015 (UTC)
Alphabet Task Force
- I went ahead and created it at: Wikipedia:Alphabet Task Force.
- You are welcome to create tasks force as you like. If you want guidance, check Wikipedia:WikiProject Council.
- I might warn that that the software and social support for task forces and WikiProjects is far less than people expect. There are hundreds of Wikiprojects, and only the most popular ones have 5 active users. This Google project has been around for years and does not have 5 users, so unless something extraordinary happens, neither will this subproject. Setting up a task force / WikiProject does grant access to tools, but they are difficult to set up and have outdated documentation. As you invest your time in this, try to imagine what you want to happen as a result, what the likely outcome is, and how much time you want to put into this. There are other ways to get support for projects and many people are disappointed with the response to the task forces they make. Do what you want here to enjoy it - if you like the task force then make it. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:49, 12 August 2015 (UTC)
- Is this going to be a separate WikiProject or a Task Force of WikiProject Google? --Varnent (talk)(COI) 23:18, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
- Since it's called a task force - I am going to go ahead and adjust it to be set up as one. As Bluerasberry points out - a new WikiProject can be a big undertaking, and this being under the Google effort seems logical to me. Feel free to revert and comment here if you object. :) --Varnent (talk)(COI) 23:24, 18 August 2015 (UTC)
Requested Move of X
There is an open discussion on moving X (incubator) to something else that uses a more common disambiguation word. Your input would be welcome and appreciated. --Natural RX 15:36, 4 February 2016 (UTC)
Requested move for Google for Work to Google Cloud
As with the new G Suite rebranding came the renaming of Google for Work to Google Cloud. However Google Cloud is currently a disambiguation page, and I have created a request for move. Come to Talk:Google for Work to talk about if the article should be moved? --Emphrase - 💬 | 📝 16:58, 30 September 2016 (UTC)
Nomination of List of YouTubers for deletion
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of YouTubers until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Oliverrushton (talk) 17:14, 5 January 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Google/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Google.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Google, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)