Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Human Computer Interaction
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Human Computer Interaction page.|
|WikiProject Human Computer Interaction||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Project Page Improvements List
- 2 Organizing HCI-related Topics
- 3 New WikiProject HCI logo
- 4 Leaflet For Wikiproject Human Computer Interaction At Wikimania 2014
- 5 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 6 UX job openings at WMF
- 7 WikiProject X is live!
Project Page Improvements List
Here is the start of a list of suggested ways to improve our Project page. If you are interested in tackling one of these tasks insert your username next to that task.
- Add a resources bar similar to Wikipedia:WikiProject Mathematics
- Create or add relevant images to the page.Maee10 (talk) 05:32, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Add an article assessment bot. Trejoh (talk) 19:58, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
- Move the "articles needing improvement" section to its own page. Trejoh (talk) 00:45, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Improve the structure for "articles needing improvements".
- Create a table under Ongoing Tasks with What/Where headings (See Wikipedia:WikiProject Computer science) JLand13 (talk) 00:56, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Create a high priority tasks list under Ongoing Tasks.
- I see you added a "High priority task list" that is currently empty. I think we should leave this out until we think of things to go in it. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Trejoh (talk • contribs) 00:45, 13 May 2014 (UTC)
- Create a high priority tasks list under Ongoing Tasks.
- Create article alerts section DDS6619 (talk)
- Redesign the layout of the Project page.
- Create a quick links top bar. DDS6619 (talk)
- I'm thinking we should skip this navigation ideas since the page had multiple navigations already. No reason to add to the mix.
- Proofread all content on the Project page and related pages and fix typos and such. Marge6914 (talk) 23:56, 6 May 2014 (UTC)
- Add user badges to the project page.
- Move the "suggested new articles" section to its own page. JLand13 (talk) 19:52, 18 May 2014 (UTC)
- Restructuring the 'Organizing HCI-topics' list so that it doesn't scroll so far down in one long list. Maee10 (talk) 21:32, 19 May 2014 (UTC)
Here is an initial attempt to sort out hci--related topics into categories. Figuring out an agreeable arrangement of these categories may be useful to the project. This initial cut needs lots of help.
User Centered Design
New WikiProject HCI logo
I think it might be nice if we had another user badge to choose from for the project. Does anyone with more design chops than I have want to try and create another image/template for the project? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Md gilbert (talk • contribs) 16:49, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- I can give it a try. If others also have logo ideas, perhaps we can have a little contest :) - J-Mo Talk to Me Email Me 21:04, 3 May 2014 (UTC)
- I like it very much! :-) It shows all the relevant concepts (the human, the computer, and the interaction) in a simple way. That's hard to achieve, good work.
- The "computer" part is a little too complex for small sizes. It's hard to distinguish it when scaled down to a thumbnail (which could be useful at user boxes, for example); it has an uncomfortable "squeezing a bug" feeling in it. :-/
- Could you try something to reduce complexity, maybe a "simple" version of the logo for small sizes, maybe using bigger circles and only one connector at each size?
Leaflet For Wikiproject Human Computer Interaction At Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:47, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
UX job openings at WMF
Hi, There are currently some job openings in the WMF's UX team, that I thought might be of interest to someone here, or you might know someone to nudge. Hope that helps. :) Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 01:55, 28 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.