Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Ice Hockey/College Ice Hockey task force
|WikiProject Ice Hockey||(Rated NA-class)|
I have added College Ice Hockey task force to the ice hockey template. If anyone that is handy with graphics could create a small icon the same size as the other task force images that is related to college hockey then I can add an image next to the college hockey link on the template like the other task forces. -Djsasso (talk) 13:47, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm here. AfD's aren't really my thing but I'll throw my two cents into the discussion. Kithira (talk) 12:53, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- Generally ACHA Hockey articles should be condensed and info merged into the school's main article under athletics or student activities or on the schools atheletics article and then deleted. (It hasnt come up yet but it'd be interesting to see what would happen to an article on one of the higher level ACHA DI teams where some schools consider them varsity club sports like Iowa State, Lindenwood, etc...)--Bhockey10 (talk) 22:52, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
Anyway we would be able to create a new, or edit the current template to be able to include rivalries? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Wolfforlife40 (talk • contribs) 05:02, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
With the departure of the WIAC schools from the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA), and the remaining men's NCHA teams joining the Midwest Collegiate Hockey Association (MCHA), the MCHA has decided to rename themselves the NCHA and affiliate with the women's NCHA (joining several men's and women's squads under the same conference banner). http://www.uscho.com/2013/04/24/ncha-is-reborn/
How should we handle this with our articles? We can't just rename the MCHA article because we already have an NCHA article.
- I would merge the MCHA into the NCHA article. Or the other way around and then rename the other article whichever would be easier. -DJSasso (talk) 14:34, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- Both are pretty small articles at the moment. But that being said another option would be to leave the MCHA as is and then add new NCHA history to the NCHA page. And then just put a section on the MCHA indicating the rename/merge with the NCHA and indicate with a main article link or something of the sort that history from that point on is on the NCHA page. -DJSasso (talk) 17:14, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
On May 15, 2013 the National Association of Intercollegiate Hockey (NAIH) will no longer exist. The Collegiate Ice Hockey Association (CIHA) will form. The awards, the records, past results will be honored by CIHA. National Association of Intercollegiate Hockey (NAIH) and United States College Hockey Alliance (USCHA) will merge to become the Collegiate Ice Hockey Association (CIHA).  I suggest change NAIH to CIHA.
Softball project notice
Hello, everyone. I've recently started the College softball task force, working to help expand Wikipedia's college softball coverage. I thought I'd post a notice around at some of the other college sports projects to give everyone a heads up. If you have an interest in the sport, please consider visiting the project. Thanks, Ejgreen77 (talk) 08:34, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Roster Template TfD's
A mass TfD that the members of this project may be interested in. See Wikipedia:Templates for discussion/Log/2013 July 19#Template:Alaska_Nanooks_men.27s_ice_hockey_roster.
ACHA team articles
Has there ever been an official policy in place on the notability of ACHA team articles? There seem to be more and more of them (Minot State Beavers men's ice hockey, Rhode Island Rams men's ice hockey, ect.) cropping up over time. Ejgreen77 (talk) 02:17, 28 August 2013 (UTC)
- As with other competition levels in other sports, the level alone does not disqualify a separate team article. Although, the higher levels of competition usually correlate with WP:ORGSIG because they have more significant effects on the sport. In general, varsity college hockey teams pass notability guidelines though impact to the sport and references while club level teams don't have enough impact and generally don't have significant coverage of references that are WP:VER info from WP:RS that provide evidence of notability. Some ACHA teams could have enough information to have stand-alone articles. For ones that don't, it is common practice to merge the info into the university's club athletics section or student life section.--Bhockey10 (talk) 23:06, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
Updating coach record during the season and win percentage
Hello, there is currently an IP address user, who is insistent (through his action, he doesn't actually post edit summaries) about adding updating the coach information during the season in Template:Infobox college ice hockey team. He is also insistent on putting a win percentage for the coach in the same infobox. I seem to remember a policy against the former and can't find anything that suggests the latter is correct either, but would like a link to the policy (or to be informed that I am wrong), before I undo his edit again. Hydra88 (talk) 14:30, 23 October 2016 (UTC)
- Yeah we don't update stats on player/coach pages while the season is ongoing. I would have to look to find where we have that written down though. -DJSasso (talk) 18:20, 24 October 2016 (UTC)
- When I originally came across these college hockey pages, I noticed most, if not all, of them had incorrect coaching records, and they also had the incorrect year of being at a school for the head coach. The captains and alternate captains for many teams were also incorrect, and various records for school vs. school were also incorrect. For example, Minnesota Golden Gophers played Alaska-Anchorage this year, yet nobody updated the record, games played, win percentage, etc. I didn't know there was a policy against updating coaching records throughout the year, or adding a win percentage, but I don't see why that would be a bad idea. Not angry at you guys for undoing the edit, but it would seem wise to be as accurate as possible throughout the year. TheFloyd (talk) 19:35, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- Just went to Princeton men's ice hockey page and the coaching record shows it's his first year, when in reality it is third year coaching. There is no ice sheet size info, nor is there any info on the captains of the team. But forgive me for trying to improve the information on these pages. TheFloyd (talk) 19:57, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- I am not against adding a win percentage, but it would seem that it would be best to add it to the template format, rather than just tacking it on to the ties entry. If someone knew what they were doing, adding a percentage manually would not even be necessary. I would do this myself, but I am not really familiar with editing templates. As for updating during the year, I think the state you mentioned some of the pages being in is evidence as to why not updating during the season is the current policy. There is not enough interest in college hockey among Wikipedians to keep the pages well maintained throughout the season.
- Also, I know you are frustrated about being hassled by us, but sarcastic comments are usually not conducive to accomplishing anything. We know you are trying to improve the page, and we are grateful for that, which is why we asked you to come to the talk page rather than just constantly undo your edits without any feedback. Hydra88 (talk) 03:57, 8 November 2016 (UTC)
Auto-tagging of articles
Based on what User:BU Rob13 has already done for WikiProject College football and WikiProject College Basketball, would there be any objections to attempting a similar tagging project for this project? Category:College men's ice hockey players in the United States, Category:College women's ice hockey players in the United States, Category:College men's ice hockey coaches in the United States, Category:College women's ice hockey coaches in the United States, Category:College ice hockey seasons in the United States and their associated subcategories would be the target categories. Ejgreen77 (talk) 03:34, 1 November 2016 (UTC)
- I completely misread this originally as auto-rating. Yeah this can probably happen. I think I originally was doing it semi-automated with AWB but stopped when we all but deprecated the task forces for lack of activity on any of them. If you do it, don't forget this task force also supports CIS so you will need to add Category:Canadian Interuniversity Sport ice hockey and any sub-categories. -DJSasso (talk) 16:29, 1 November 2016 (UTC)