Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Medicine/Popular pages

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Popular pages[edit]

I find it kinda fail and nasty that most of the popular pages are sexually related. Renaissancee (talk) 15:47, 17 June 2009 (UTC)

Given the most viewed pages in all of Wikipedia, it's not that surprising. WhatamIdoing (talk) 16:41, 17 June 2009 (UTC)
I finding it sobering that a high percentage on the list are related to neurological conditions. McortNGHH (talk) 19:15, 13 March 2016 (UTC)
People hold their nervous systems in high regard I guess. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) 23:16, 13 March 2016 (UTC)

Monthly statistics[edit]

We should keep track of 1) how many page views the top-500 articles get a month 2) how many of them are below B-class and 3) how many are FA and GA class. Biosthmors (talk) 17:17, 23 November 2012 (UTC)

Yes that would be excellent. Also making sure that all article align with WP:MED is important. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 17:20, 23 November 2012 (UTC)

Book[edit]

It would be nice if we could see which articles overlapped with Book:Health care. Biosthmors (talk) 20:20, 20 December 2012 (UTC)

Not sure how to do that. This page is created automatically. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 18:10, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
I posted here on a related note for the Anatomy project, FWIW. Biosthmors (talk) 18:43, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
Yes I have found a programmer willing to help Mr. Z Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 18:49, 21 December 2012 (UTC)
Email Mr.Z to let him know? I haven't heard a reply at User talk:Mr.Z-man and I just posted here to inquire on the status. Biosthmors (talk) 18:56, 21 December 2012 (UTC)

Page views[edit]

May not be accurate per [1] Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 11:04, 17 November 2013 (UTC)

Also [2] Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 07:29, 19 November 2013 (UTC)

Y-axis on the Graph[edit]

Hi James, Just some questions/suggestions about the graph you have uploaded.

  • Iam not sure whether the Y-axis on the graph actually show percentages even-though it is labelled as percentages. Should 0.4 on the Y-axis be 40% OR is it just 0.4%.
  • When you are looking at %of internet users, how were you able to limit the data to to just health sites? What percentage of users are searching for health information to start with?
  • It would also be great if we knew the source of the data and the time from which the figure was made.

Manu Mathew (talk) 11:55, 20 February 2014 (UTC)

So 0.4% of internet users, use Wikipedia's health care content each day. About 1% are looking up health care info. The other 99% are looking up other stuff. As it says on the bottom the data is from Aug 2012. Click on the figures and it gives you the math and the source of the numbers. Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 13:27, 20 February 2014 (UTC)

Filter by category[edit]

I'm looking for a way to get this list but only for the Urology related articles. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? mcs (talk) 15:08, 14 March 2014 (UTC)

Are all the urology articles already tagged at this point? Doc James (talk · contribs · email) (if I write on your page reply on mine) 21:14, 14 March 2014 (UTC)