WikiProject NASCAR, an attempt to improve and standardize articles related to NASCAR. If you would like to participate, you can edit the article attached to this page, you can visit the project to-do page, or visit the project page, where you can join the project and/or contribute to the discussion.
This page is part of ||
||This page does not require a rating on the project's quality scale.
|Contribute to the project:
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
- Article requests : Reggie Ruggiero, Billy Nacewicz, Bugs Stevens; Grand National seasons: 1958, 1964, 1967, 1968, 1969; Busch Series seasons: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987;
- Cleanup : Days of Thunder, Rusty Wallace, NASCAR Thunder 2003, Bill Weber, Wood Brothers Racing
- Copyedit : NASCAR, Dale Earnhardt, 2010 Aaron's 499, Mark Martin
- Expand : Road course ringer, BAM Racing, Greg Erwin, Donnie Wingo, 2008 Daytona 500, 1991 Daytona 500
- Maintain : 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, 2017 NASCAR Xfinity Series, 2017 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- NPOV : Criticism of NASCAR, Jayski's Silly Season Site, RahMoc Enterprises, Mara Reyes, NAPA Auto Parts 200, NASCAR Kinetics
- Photo : Richie Evans, South Boston Speedway, Ray Evernham
- Stubs : See all here
- Verify : NASCAR rules and regulations, 2008 Dickies 500, Frank Cicci Racing, Scott Lagasse Jr.
- Other : More
||This talk page is automatically archived by lowercase sigmabot III. Any threads with no replies in 31 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.
Daytona 500 broadcasters
Once again, an unregistered and registered editor keeps changing the List of Daytona 500 broadcasters page to indicate the TV rights rotate between FOX and NBC. This is an infuriating lie, and is beginning to borderline on vandalism. I have reverted it multiple times. Reliable sources are already cited in the article which clearly state FOX has exclusive rights of the first half of season including the Daytona 500 through 2024. Doctorindy↔Talk 17:43, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
- I have warned one of them – Huyandrew99 (talk · contribs) – for his rash of reverts, along with pinging them to allow them to explain here why they are adding such content without sources in the first place. Zappa24Mati 00:14, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- Noted. That editor has also been observed doing the same disruptive editing at Coke Zero 400, and quite possibly in the past at Brickyard 400. All of that editor's contributions, if they are not properly cited, should be generally be considered suspect. Doctorindy↔Talk 02:51, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- Looks like he's been blocked for a week for sockpuppetry. So while we won't be getting a response from that account in particular, we should be on the lookout for any signs of socks. Zappa24Mati 02:59, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
- On his first day back from being blocked, Huyandrew99 (talk · contribs) is already back to making unsourced edits. See Brickyard 400. Doctorindy↔Talk 13:02, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
- @Doctorindy: It's happening again, though under an IP this time (184.108.40.206). Zappa24Mati 00:38, 21 May 2017 (UTC)
- Yet again it has happened on an IP (2600:8801:9304:5600:6C69:B56E:27D4:12FE). I advise everyone to keep an eye on the race articles. Zappa24Mati 03:35, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- The motivations are perhaps exposed now. A few of those edits went so far as to include a bizarre CALL for fans to demand that NBC to take over. Quote: (The Entire Daytona Speedweeks Can Be Covered on NBC Sports Instead of Fox Next Year!!! Call NBC Sports at: 1 (203) 356-7000 now to get nbc to cover the 60th daytona 500!!!) That's a clear and plain violation of WP:SOAP. If it's the same vandal all along, which it probably is, either it's a elaborate ruse, or a long, deep case of wishful thinking. Doctorindy↔Talk 15:57, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
- Geolocate says both IPs are from San Diego, so it's not too far-fetched to assume they're the same person. NFLisAwesome (ZappaOMati) 16:02, 27 June 2017 (UTC)
There has begun yet another rash of disruptive edits and "revert wars" involving Huyandrew99 (talk · contribs). Doctorindy↔Talk 13:31, 17 July 2017 (UTC)
- It's beyond vandalism now. LINK The account has been blocked. This is his latest reason: "What i want for you all people is to have the Daytona 500 be On NBC Next Year Due to adam west's death on june 9th, 2017.!!" Doctorindy↔Talk 12:46, 31 July 2017 (UTC)
- This guy just doesn't give up, does he? He's doing it again from an IP (2600:8801:9304:5600:14C6:3DBA:2F4C:B382). Zappa24Mati 00:36, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, Community Tech bot will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject NASCAR/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject NASCAR.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to Mr.Z-man for his original Mr.Z-bot, and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject NASCAR, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at m:User talk:Community Tech bot.
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Road America Xfinity images
I went to the Xfinity Series race at Road America. I have images of the whole field of drivers (except Sheldon Creed but I had placed a photograph of him from Crandon's off-road races from a few years ago). I'll upload the images that improve but I won't bother with the whole field. Last year I uploaded all images and only replaced when it was an improvement. But then someone went and used all images and I don't want to be using inferior images just because they are newer. Looks like Ernie Francis, Jr. is the only driver without an article. He won the Trans Am TA class race earlier in the day (I'll upload that image too). He was TA4 (lowest class of Trans Am cars) winner for the last 3 years at the track. RoyalbroilAlt 17:51, 31 August 2017 (UTC)
Mostly to avoid turning this into an edit war, but Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth have been changed from the usual hidden tables we're accustomed to so they would comply with MOS:SCROLL. The main problem with this is that the tables now don't exactly look too attractive because of just how large they are (since 36-race seasons make for some pretty giant tables). Since I'm not too keen on changing every driver table to fit the MOS (especially this far into the season), I was wondering if we can figure something out. Zappa⚡Mati 03:08, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
- @ZappaOMati: I went to go revert them back...then I saw who made the edits in the first place. The first guy with over 1 million career edits certainly knows his stuff. I'm not opposed to non-collapsed tables as long as they maintain the size they once were (I agree, 36-race seasons make the tables far too big). --Bcschneider53 (talk) 12:43, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Bcschneider53: After removing the collapsed parameter from the table (but keeping the "font-size:75%" portion to keep it from looking too large), it doesn't look too bad in my opinion. I went ahead and readded the font size part to the Gordon and Kenseth tables, and they look pretty decent (or at least better than last night). NFLisAwesome (ZappaOMati) 15:16, 12 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Bcschneider53: If there aren't any objections, I can get started on removing the collapsible option for other drivers as well, though we can also bring in @Jahn1234567890: for his input before we do anything. Zappa⚡Mati 03:01, 13 September 2017 (UTC)
- @ZappaOMati: I'll take care of Hornish now, since he's a GA. --Bcschneider53 (talk) 03:07, 13 September 2017 (UTC)
- @ZappaOMati: @Bcschneider53: I'm fine with these changes. The only thing that changes is the option to hide/show the result table. Jahn1234567890 (talk) 12:52, 13 September 2017 (UTC)