Wikipedia talk:WikiProject New York City
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject New York City and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|WikiProject New York City was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 31 December 2012. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 60 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
Help with MetLife
Hi, New Yorkers! I've been working on behalf of MetLife to suggest improvements to their article, and I'm looking for interested editors to join the discussion. A few weeks ago, I proposed some changes to the article's History section, but thus far I haven't received any feedback. Since the article is of interest to this WikiProject, as MetLife originated in New York and is headquartered there, I'm hoping editors here might be willing to take a look. Because of my COI, I will not be making any edits myself and I'm looking for editors to review my work. If you're able to help, I welcome any input. Thanks, 16912 Rhiannon (Talk · COI) 21:51, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
NARA Geographic Error
This isn't the first time the National Archives and Record Administration has been wrong about something, but to those of us with ties to the New York Tri-State area, the mistakes in the description of this image should be pretty obvious. ---------User:DanTD (talk) 03:28, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
- Possibly some confusion with Hunt's Point in the Bronx, which is almost directly across the East River from LaGuardia (with Riker's Island between them)? BMK (talk) 06:21, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
Columbia University sculptures
I've identified a few sculptures on the Columbia University campus without Wikipedia articles, if any project members are interested in helping:
- John Howard Van Amringe (sculpture), William Ordway Partridge (1861-1930)
- Letters (sculpture)
- Life Force (sculpture)
- Tight Rope Walker (sculpture)
- Three-Way Piece: Points
After a recent request, I added WikiProject New York City to the list of projects to compile monthly pageview stats for. The data is the same used by http://stats.grok.se/en/ but the program is different, and includes the aggregate views from all redirects to each page. The stats are at Wikipedia:WikiProject New York City/Popular pages.
The page will be updated monthly with new data. The edits aren't marked as bot edits, so they will show up in watchlists. You can view more results, request a new project be added to the list, or request a configuration change for this project using the Tool Labs tool. If you have any comments or suggestions, please let me know. Thanks! Mr.Z-man 03:44, 14 August 2015 (UTC)