Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Norway
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Norway page.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Norway:|
1994 Nobel Peace Prize Jacob Christian Bie, Johan Bertrand Narvesen, Olaf Gulbrandsson, Samuel Conrad Schwach, Agathon Bartholomæus Hansteen, Sylvester Sivertson, Sivert Aarflot, Jan Erik Aalbu, Terje Kalheim, Ebba Wergeland, Hilde Bojer, Wenche Fossen, Sjelens Sang-Offer, Sør-Gjæslingan Sennalandet Vælern more…
|WikiProject Norway was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 4 February 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
- 1 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Enonic (2nd nomination)
- 2 The 10,000 Challenge
- 3 Naming conventions for places in Norway?
- 4 Wikimedia Norge's newsletter
- 5 Name change query
- 6 Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/The Blackbirds (Norwegian band)
- 7 Kommunesamanslåing - creating fewer and larger municipal units
- 8 Request for Norwegian-speaking editor(s)
- 9 Invitation to Women in Food and Drink editathon
- 10 Please look in
The 10,000 Challenge
Hi, I've proposed an idea based on Wikipedia:The 10,000 Challenge for a long term goal to include your country and Scandinavia/northern Europe in combined challenge target. At present I don't know whether to make it a smaller target like 1000 for each country individually. If active editors here are interested in seeing mass improvements for their country please comment in the discussion at the bottom of Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Intertranswiki. Thanks.♦ Dr. Blofeld 16:46, 11 September 2016 (UTC)
Naming conventions for places in Norway?
There was a recent redirect made from Lynge, Allerod to Lynge, Allerød Municipality. While it seems valid to correct the spelling to Allerød, was there a recent consensus or convention to also include the word "Municipality" in article names for Norwegian communities?
Hi! I posted a message on Wikipedia:Norwegian Wikipedians' notice board asking if it's OK to post Wikimedia Norge's quarterly newsletters there. Considering my edit was the first edit there in eight years, the page doesn't seem to be watched or used by many people, which is why I'm posting here as well. Like I said in that post, anyone interested in Wikimedia Norge's work is free to subscribe to the newsletter (you don't have to be a member of Wikimedia Norge). Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (talk) 12:11, 22 September 2016 (UTC)
- Eg har skrive meg på. Er denne ei felles liste for nynorsk og bokmål, eller? Takk, Hordaland (talk) 10:32, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
Name change query
Kommunesamanslåing - creating fewer and larger municipal units
I have today commented on the talk page of the article List of municipalities in Hordaland, Norway on the ongoing work to create fewer and larger municipal units in Norway.
- These changes don't happen over night. Well, formally, they do, but we will know long before. According to the official checklist, it takes 18 months from the decision is final until the changes are put into effect. I therefore see no reason to go into speculation about what might be. The last I heard, there will be two changes in the municipal structure this new year, one is just a border change which I don't remember where is, and the other is a part merge, part border change in Vestfold. When we enter 2018, there will be a change in the county structure (which apparently will lead to some strange county numbering: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 30(?), 18, 19, 20), plus four municipal merges according to what I can find in a hurry (neither in Hordaland). This should be fixed now, unless they chose to bend/break their own rules. 2019 and beyond is still just speculation, unless you want to write about the debates and speculations themselves. Ters (talk) 15:35, 30 September 2016 (UTC)
- A small correction/update: The county number for the new county in 2018 will be 50, not 30 as I wrote above.
- I guess one important thing to decide, if it hasn't already, is how to treat these municipal merges. It seems to be important to Norway currently that when the municipalities are merged, the result is a new municipality. Shall we reflect this in our articles by having and article for old Sandefjord and an article for new Sandefjord? I understand that Wikidata might have something to say here, and that they might be just as strict about the new municipality being a new entity. And going one step further, is 5001 Trondheim of 2018 the same entity as 1601 Trondheim of 2017? Ters (talk) 05:26, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
Request for Norwegian-speaking editor(s)
The AFD debate at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Nazarian Para PMC hinges on the reliability of sourcing and the degree of coverage in the Norwegian press. Because many of the sources are video clips of Norwegian television, translation software isn't going to be any help; it will need a Norwegian speaker to determine which of these videos are reliable sources by Wikipedia's standards, and whether the coverage in these sources is significant or just passing mentions. (Note: although I'm shown as the nominator, this is purely procedural as I'm the admin who restored it when the original WP:PROD deletion was challenged; this is not a topic on which I have any opinion.) ‑ Iridescent 09:58, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
- Just a warning: There is a rather heated debate over at the Norwegian Wikipedia over whether to block the entire 176.11.*.* subnet for trolling. This might be relevant not only when reading posts from that IP-range, but also when reading posts from others about that IP-range. Ters (talk) 12:11, 2 October 2016 (UTC)
Invitation to Women in Food and Drink editathon
Please look in
The article on Synnøve Macody Lund was rewritten by this former Professor and WP regular at the request of a reader, which coincided with the premiere of an English-language subtitled version of a television series featuring this actor. The aim was to make the article encyclopedic. My knowledge of Norwegian and Danish are limited, but I have done the best that I can to ensure that information appearing is sourced. (Almost all remaining unsourced material was taken from the Norwegian language wikipedia articles for tis actor, or for her former partner.) The matters of the tags appearing, and the numbers of citations appearing, are either self-evident or are discussed in Talk sections (to date, of which, I have been the only contributor). Please feel free to move this further, using new or better sources, and/or to correct any mistakes I have made in choosing and extracting information from the non-English language references. Otherwise, please note, reFill was inoperative at time of this editing, so all citations were filled manually (!). The aim there was to make them uniform, so as to create a standard for further additions. (Per WP policies, I followed citation appearances and date formats already appearing.) Cheers, and bonne chance. Le Prof 184.108.40.206 (talk) 17:44, 14 November 2016 (UTC)