WikiProject Numismatics, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Numismatics articles on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
This page is within the scope of ||
||This page does not require a rating on the project's quality scale.
I just recently created this interesting article about a huge find of Fugio cents in the mid 1850s, edits are welcome! - Knowledgekid87 (talk) 20:47, 19 November 2016 (UTC)
Article on subunit
- Hello group, I wrote article Indian paisa (subunit of Indian rupee) which is still under construction. Infobox for "Numismatics" has only three option viz "Banknote", "Coin" and "Currency". Since we do not have a dedicated infobox for subunit, I used Coin infobox in the article. Is there any rule, guideline that says I should not be doing it? Obviously the infobox adds value and "quick reference" to the article. Your thoughts please. Arun Kumar SINGH (Talk) 08:34, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
- I see the infobox has been removed. Other subunit articles I've seen, such as cent (currency) or centavo, do not use an infobox.Karl (talk) 13:04, 29 November 2016 (UTC)
Zimbabwean Bond Notes are now in circulation.
Zimbabwean Bond Notes for 2 & 5 Dollars are now in circulation in Zimbabwe since 28 November - along with a bimetallic 1 Dollar Bond Coin.
Can someone please create the Zimbabwean Bond Notes article? - (220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:36, 29 November 2016 (UTC))
Greetings WikiProject Numismatics Members!
This is a one-time-only message to inform you about a technical proposal to revive your Popular Pages list in the 2016 Community Wishlist Survey that I think you may be interested in reviewing and perhaps even voting for:
If the above proposal gets in the Top 10 based on the votes, there is a high likelihood of this bot being restored so your project will again see monthly updates of popular pages.
Further, there are over 260 proposals in all to review and vote for, across many aspects of wikis.
Thank you for your consideration. Please note that voting for proposals continues through December 12, 2016.
Best regards, Stevietheman — Delivered: 18:05, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
uruguay peso notes images
Hi! Can i upload the peso banknotes images to wikimedia commons? Szajci pošta 07:54, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
- You may do better asking at WP:MCQ. It looks to me like works of the state are copyrighted for at least 40 years but my Spanish isn't wonderful.--Wehwalt (talk) 08:37, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
- thank you! :) Szajci pošta 18:57, 4 February 2017 (UTC)
400,000 photographs of archaeological objects found by members of the public in England and Wales
In recent weeks, 400,000 images of finds, logged and photographed by the Portable Antiquities Scheme, have been uploaded to Commons.
- Portable Antiquities Scheme sample gallery
Roman coin hoard, now at the Roman Baths and Pump House Museum in Bath.
Roman gold intaglio, 100-200 AD, Essex.
Unidentified copper alloy coin, thought to date to 1-296 AD, Hertfordshire.
Unusual quarter stater, 50BC-20BC, Surrey.
They are now ready for further categorisation on Commons, and use in Wikipedia articles.
Please see this note on Commons and the project page there. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 21:10, 11 February 2017 (UTC)
- They look quite interesting. Regrettably I don't know much about that area of the field, but no doubt they will prove useful.--Wehwalt (talk) 21:37, 11 February 2017 (UTC)