Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Nursing
|Welcome to the Nursing WikiProject|
|This page is a place to discuss issues related to Wikipedia's nursing articles. Please keep it civil. This is not the place to ask about your own medical conditions or help with school assignments.
Please add new sections at the end of the page. Discussion threads will be automatically archived.
|Florence is watching|
|Archives: Index, 1|
September editathons: Women in Nursing & Women Labor Activists
Merge proposal, October 2016
I propose that Care map be merged into Nursing care plan. Comments are welcome at Talk:Nursing care plan#Merge proposal, October 2016. Biogeographist (talk) 16:35, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
WikiJournal of Medicine promotion
The WikiJournal of Medicine is a free, peer reviewed academic journal which aims to provide a new mechanism for ensuring the accuracy of Wikipedia's biomedical content. We started it as a way of bridging the Wikipedia-academic gap. It is also part of a WikiJournal User Group with other WikiJournals under development. The journal is still starting out and not yet well known, so we are advertising ourselves to WikiProjects that might be interested.
- Original articles on topics that don't yet have a Wikipedia page, or only a stub/start
- Wikipedia articles that you are willing to see through external peer review (either solo or as in a group, process analagous to GA / FA review)
- Image articles, based around an important medical image or summary diagram
We hope that an academic journal format may also encourage non-Wikipedians to contribute who would otherwise not. Therefore, please consider:
- Masukume, G; Kipersztok, L; Das, D; Shafee, T; Laurent, M; Heilman, J (November 2016). "Medical journals and Wikipedia: a global health matter". The Lancet Global Health. 4 (11): e791. doi:10.1016/S2214-109X(16)30254-6.
- "Wikiversity Journal: A new user group". The Signpost. 2016-06-15.
- Shafee, T; Das, D; Masukume, G; Häggström, M. "WikiJournal of Medicine, the first Wikipedia-integrated academic journal". WikiJournal of Medicine. 4. doi:10.15347/wjm/2017.001.
Additionally, the WikiJournal of Science is just starting up under a similar model and looking for contributors. Firstly it is seeking editors to guide submissions through external academic peer review and format accepted articles. It is also encouraging submission of articles in the same format as Wiki.J.Med. If you're interested, please come and discuss the project on the journal's talk page, or the general discussion page for the WikiJournal User group.
T.Shafee(Evo&Evo)talk 10:02, 24 January 2017 (UTC)