Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Philadelphia
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Philadelphia page.|
|This page is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
Working on a school project
Hey everyone I'm working on a project at Cornell University, in which a team of students takes a wikipedia page to edit. My group is working on the Schuylkill Navy. If anyone has any advice for how to attack this page please reach out to us. Thanks! Andrew, Eddie, and Janice ~~~~
Need any images?
I live in Philly, I go to Drexel, and I take images of things. My camera does a decent job, and I have access to some nice photomanipulation software to make sure things come out looking good. I don't have a heck of a lot of free time, but enough that I might be able to help out. Let me know if this sounds good to anyone. You can see some sample shots at the Eastern State Penitentiary, or take a look at my contributions over at the commons. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Thesab (talk • contribs) 01:43, February 16, 2008
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
The Black Banana in Philadelphia
Black Banana needs help. It was a very popular nightclub, especially for the gay scene, from the 70's to 90's. It closed in 1998. The article is currently unsourced, but I found one article  that I put under External links for right now. I can't find any other mainstream news articles from searches. I think it will take someone who can find gay media sources to properly source the article and rescue it. There are no incoming links either. Help! Mnnlaxer (talk) 16:21, 18 June 2015 (UTC)
- Mnnlaxer I just googled for The Black Banana in Philadelphia. here are the snippets and hits that look promising just from the first page of the search results. the formatting is probably rather screwy because I'm using my smartphone, because I'm not so smart myself this time of night.
- • Black Banana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Black Banana was a nightclub in Philadelphia. It began as La Banane Noire at 534 South 4th Street in 1970 by ...
- • Black Banana : 3rd and Race St, Philadelphia, PA | DiscoMusic.com
- • Photos of The Black Banana Nightclub Philadelphia. Already tagged. LikeUnlike. 2. Already tagged. LikeUnlike. 1. 1 Banana & The Music | Facebook
- Black Banana & The Music. 51 likes · 1 talking about this. The Black Banana was a nightclub in Philadelphia. It began ...
• The Black Banana Reunion - G Philly
- Jan 11, 2011 ... In 1986, Nick London left his job as a DJ and promoter at Philly nightclub the Black Banana to study ...
- • Remember the Black Banana - YouTube Apr 28, 2007
- a virtual tour through a Philadelphia Legend. This the Black Banana of 1989 til the time of the fire.
- Black Banana Night Club 1985 - YouTube
- Jun 22, 2006
- MelToxic.com Video shot while working at black banana dance club. about 1985.
- look for ...
• Vintage Black Banana Philadelphia T-Shirt - Retrophilly.com
- vintage t-shirt and related apparel recalling the legendary Black Banana, one of Philadelphia's hottest spots for clubbing ...
• Black Banana Bar in Philadelphia, PA - 2159254433 - Clubplanet
- Philadelphia: Visit Clubplanet.com for Black Banana reviews, photos, events as well as guest-list information, door ...
- Images for The Black Banana in Philadelphia
- • Black Banana Philly Restaurants - Philadelphia - Joonbug.com
- Philadelphia Nightlife - Joonbug ... BLACK BANANA PHILLY RESTAURANTS - PHILADELPHIA. PLACES. Show All ...
- • Black Banana Reunion :: :: Philadelphia City Paper
- Jan 12, 2011 ... If Philadelphia had its own version of Studio 54, it was the Black Banana at Third and Race. In the '70s ...
- • Black Banana - Northern Liberties - Fishtown - Philadelphia, PA
- 6 visitor has checked in at Black Banana. See photos, tips, similar places, and friends who have been there.
- • Thread: The Black Banana Reunion - Philadelphia Speaks Forum
- Jan 7, 2010 ... For those unfamiliar with The Black Banana, check this out: Black Banana - Wikipedia, the free ...
- • Is there anything like the Black Banana or The Bank circa ...
- Is there anything like the Black Banana or The Bank circa 1989-1993 in Philadelphia? Curious if there is ... Philadelphia, PA: What are the top tech venture captial firms in Philadelpia? Philadelphia, PA: ...
- • The Black Banana - RetroPhilly.com | Philadelphia Memories ...
- The Black Banana - RetroPhilly.com Clips Artworks, Boards Boards, Philly Metro, Philadelphia Memories, Metro ...
- • Mitchell Nathanson - 2007 - Sports & Recreation
- Ibid., Leslie Bennetts, “The Philadelphia Story, Updated,” New York Times Magazine, May ¡0, ¡98¡, ¡5. ... Although Collins gave the Black Banana a mixed review, he concluded that, “[i]f nothing else, the ...
- @Thnidu: The two Facebook links don't work, but even if they did, they can't be sources. The G Philly (Philadelphia Magazine) is listed under External links. It's the only source I found, and I looked. Youtubes could be external links, but not sources. T-shirt, no. Joonbug, 404's. The shortened links really do no good to post. But I'd seen the citypaper link. Need more. Forum thread might be interesting, but not a source. Again, post the full link. The baseball book can be used. But it's meager. Thanks for trying, but I don't think there is enough to make a go of an article. Mnnlaxer (talk) 02:52, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
I am trying to split the Inquirer Building off as a separate article from Philadelphia Inquirer#Elverson_Building (link goes to anchor in the article). I'm working on it at User:Thnidu/sandbox/Inquirer Building. Advice and comments are more than welcome. See
Advice also welcome with regard to diplomacy or something of that caliber. See
- User talk:Beyond My Ken#Inquirer/Elverson Building
- The split has been accomplished, thanks to Beyond My Ken. The new article is Inquirer Building. --Thnidu (talk) 03:48, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
List of parks
I thought it would be useful for us to have a complete list of the city's parks, whether adding it to WP or not: at least it would be useful for seeing what articles we might want to add. I got the list from Parks & Rec, not without some difficulty; the list, the story, and the relevant legalese are all in User:Thnidu/Philadelphia parks. --Thnidu (talk) 03:48, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
I just investigated the two "Pennypack" entries and found a link describing the relation between them. I've started a subpage,
User:Thnidu/Philadelphia parks/Pennypack,* with just that link. I think this is the pattern I'll follow. Everyone is welcome to continue this. As we get postable articles, we can request inclusion by the usual method (which I don't remember offhand...) --Thnidu (talk) 04:18, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
* I've linked the two "Pennypack" entries to the existing Pennypack Park page instead, and moved the list of potential sources on the talk page there, Talk:Pennypack Park#Potential sources. --Thnidu (talk) 06:00, 29 June 2015 (UTC)
- Well! It turns out that we already have an article on the park system as a whole, including a (complete?) list, but it's cunningly hidden under the name Fairmount Park, which is also the official name of the whole park system. I've added a redirect from Philadelphia parks. The list of parks is in the section Neighborhood and regional parks. --Thnidu (talk) 13:37, 30 June 2015 (UTC)