Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Philadelphia/Wiknic/2011
Second: those of us who have children (or certain sorts of jobs, etc.) would probably be more likely to pop in if there were more than 3 days notice.
I'm thinking of just showing up, but here's a reall stone-stupid question for someone who lives in South Philly (haven't figured out which neighborhood yet): What's the best way for a pedestrian to get to Fairmount Park? Is there a bus route from City Hall?
I can always look on one of my several maps, so I'm sure it's no big deal ...
Fairmount Park is not really any place in paricular, because it includes most of the parks in Phila., as I understand it. Figure out where int eh park you want to go, and then use Google Transit to get there. Great disc golf course located at Sedgely might be an excellent site for Wiknic (next year). It's pretty heavily populated by hippie types, and some homeless people sometimes, but I wouldn't be afraid to bring my kids there, and it's super chill. And you can play disc golf, relax, drink (usually unbothered by police) etc. And its adjacent to the awesome Smith Playground, which is the most amazing place for kids, with the largest wooden slide I've ever seen, and a basement with cars and stoplights, and streetscape, etc. for todlers to play in. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:35, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
- First try http://airs1.septa.org/bin/query.exe/en?
- Also the site http://www.philamuseum.org/visit/12-270.html?page=4 suggests SEPTA bus routes 7, 32, 38, 43, and 48 of the Philly Phlash.
- Smallbones (talk) 13:54, 25 June 2011 (UTC)
Join Wikipedia Loves Libraries with a local wiki-event in October!
With the recent experience of the Great American Wiknic in June, we'd like to invite you to join the exciting sequel: Wikipedia Loves Libraries. Please add your ideas for a local librarycentric wiki-event to the national page :)--Pharos (talk) 02:05, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
Great American Wiknic for Philly in June 2012
Hi Wiki-Philadelphians! I would like to invite you all to help organize the Great American Wiknic again for June 2012 :) Also, please add any preliminary details to Wikipedia:Wiknic#2012 Wiknic.--Pharos (talk) 18:50, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- It will only exist if someone decides to be bold and organize the page with a time and location for this year.--Pharos (talk) 01:34, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
The Wikipedia people should consider this Wiknic 'cuz the Philly people want a day to "pig out" (in a good way) and just have a good time. I hope they really consider this, since this could become something important in Philly, and soon enough, it could become a tradition started by the people who have already stepped up to comment on this page!! Anyway, someone should stand up and start a Philly Wiknic page. Here are some ideas.
- 1. Send out flyers
- 2. Send something to the Philly board asking for permission to use Fairmount Park for the Wiknic (probably next year, because we have little time this year)
- 3. To those who say yes (and include their email), email them a list of ideas about what food to bring to the Wiknic.
- 4. If someone has the wits to stand up to and do this rather than comment on these things, then good luck and thx for helping in starting a tradition in Philly
- Considering the fact that today is the 20th... I quess no picnic this year :( --Ele boz (talk) 20:09, 20 June 2012 (UTC)