Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Physiology
|WikiProject Physiology||(Rated Project-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 28 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
WikiJournal of Medicine promotion
The WikiJournal of Medicine is a free, peer reviewed academic journal which aims to provide a new mechanism for ensuring the accuracy of Wikipedia's biomedical content. We started it as a way of bridging the Wikipedia-academic gap. It is also part of a WikiJournal User Group with other WikiJournals under development. The journal is still starting out and not yet well known, so we are advertising ourselves to WikiProjects that might be interested.
- Original articles on topics that don't yet have a Wikipedia page, or only a stub/start
- Wikipedia articles that you are willing to see through external peer review (either solo or as in a group, process analagous to GA / FA review)
- Image articles, based around an important medical image or summary diagram
We hope that an academic journal format may also encourage non-Wikipedians to contribute who would otherwise not. Therefore, please consider:
- Masukume, G; Kipersztok, L; Das, D; Shafee, T; Laurent, M; Heilman, J (November 2016). "Medical journals and Wikipedia: a global health matter". The Lancet Global Health. 4 (11): e791. doi:10.1016/S2214-109X(16)30254-6.
- "Wikiversity Journal: A new user group". The Signpost. 2016-06-15.
- Shafee, T; Das, D; Masukume, G; Häggström, M. "WikiJournal of Medicine, the first Wikipedia-integrated academic journal". WikiJournal of Medicine. 4. doi:10.15347/wjm/2017.001.
Additionally, the WikiJournal of Science is just starting up under a similar model and looking for contributors. Firstly it is seeking editors to guide submissions through external academic peer review and format accepted articles. It is also encouraging submission of articles in the same format as Wiki.J.Med. If you're interested, please come and discuss the project on the journal's talk page, or the general discussion page for the WikiJournal User group.
T.Shafee(Evo&Evo)talk 10:33, 19 January 2017 (UTC)
Proposed move of Mammalian diving reflex
Anybody want to help me revive WP:Physiology?
- Just do it. I work on anything related to underwater diving, which includes a moderate amount of physiological material, but I am by no means an expert. • • • Peter (Southwood) (talk): 18:11, 15 April 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Physiology/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Physiology.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Physiology, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)