Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Pornography
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Pornography and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|Before objecting to content, please read: Wikipedia is not censored.|
I was adding links to Bat Pussy as it had been on the orphan list and added a link in Gotham City in the film section just stating that Bat Pussy was set in Gotham City. Another editor reverted this saying links to parodies didn't belong. I questioned whether he had just made this up and asked for a MOS guideline. His response was just "A film making fun of Gotham City or Batman isn't the same thing as a Batman film (some articles have their own separate section for parodies, though I'm not even sure about the inclusion of those)." I suspect he really may be objecting to a link to a pornography related article in a comic related article. Gotham City is fictional in the first place! Does anyone want to get involved in this. If not, I will just let it go and move on to something else. Mb66w (talk) 22:31, 30 March 2016 (UTC)
- The article looks to be reasonably defined as "the Gotham in DC universe", so I'd probably let it go. On the other hand if/when an article includes general media referring to the topic, then it would not be valid to exclude porn-because-it's-porn. Alsee (talk) 06:52, 31 March 2016 (UTC)
Amber Rayne/James Deen
James Deen allegedly injured Amber Rayne during a scene and the incident was brought up in conjunction with the December 2015 rape accusations against Deen. Rayne did not perceive the incident as a rape/sexual assault and only spoke out about it to avoid rumors that she was a rape victim of Deen. Here's Rayne's exact words:
- "My name came up in an interview and I only said something so ppl wouldnt think that happened to me too"
- "people were saying I was amongst those involved. I spoke about an isolated incident because that's what people were referring.."
- "I was not sexually assaulted. I was in a scene that was unnecessarily brutal and left me injured... It was an isolated incident."
- "I never made him out to be a rapist and said that we had a bad/very very rough first interaction."
Rayne originally recounted the incident to The Daily Beast in an article that doesn't even claim she was accusing him of rape, in fact, it quotes her as having the desire to maintain her friendship with Deen. Despite this, most headlines reporting Rayne's recent death depict her as a Deen rape accuser. In order to dispel the rumor that she accused Deen of rape (it's being widely misreported that way by what is usually reliable mainstream sources), should Rayne's article clarify that all she did was share her story of being injured by Deen during a scene with The Daily Beast, or should it just not be mentioned at all? Rebecca1990 (talk) 19:58, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
Are these people notable?
Natassia Dreams has been nominated for AVN transsexual of the year twice and Xbiz twice, Deauxma has been nominated for AVN Milf of the year twice and Sarina Valentina are they notable? Dwanyewest (talk) 18:32, 20 April 2016 (UTC)
- Nominations are not sufficient for notability under PORNBIO. The most important question you have to answer for any certainty on notability is whether reliable sources cover these people in sufficient amount.
- Natassia Dreams & Deauxma apparently still just have award nominations, which are no longer included in the current version of PORNBIO. Any attempts to recreate Deauxma are likely doomed given its controversial history at AfD & DRV, which has historically been a venue that's been a waste of time for adult film performers in the past. It's probably just better to try & improve User:Rebecca1990/Deauxma for now until it meets the GNG standard. Sarina Valentina apparently has some Tranny Awards wins in 2011 & 2012 for "Best Solo Model", which probably won't count for much at another AfD. Guy1890 (talk) 04:44, 21 April 2016 (UTC)
I think the title should be changed!!
I think these terms should have redirects
- So be bold and create the redirects. (By the way, shemale porn already exists as a redirect to Shemale, which, according to the article's lead, is "used to describe the genre of pornography that feature transgender women". Maybe you should fix the redirect or add a hatnote to Shemale.) — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 19:01, 23 April 2016 (UTC)
PORNBIO and significant or well-known awards
There's a discussion at WT:BIO#PORNBIO and significant or well-known awards that relates to this wikiproject. clpo13(talk) 20:12, 30 April 2016 (UTC)