Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Pornography
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Pornography and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9|
|Before objecting to content, please read: Wikipedia is not censored.|
Are the people notable?
- 2010 Transgender Erotica Awards nominee— “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2011 Tranny Awards winner — “Best Single Model”
- 2011 Tranny Awards nominee — “Best Sex Scene”— America’s Next Top Tranny 14 (with Tiffany Starr) and One Night Stand (with Brian Bonds)
- 2011 Tranny Awards nominee — “Best Hardcore Performer”
- 2011 Transgender Erotica Awards winner — “Best Solo Model”, “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2012 Tranny Awards winner — “Best Single Model”
- 2012 NightMoves Awards nominee — “Best Transsexual Performer”
- 2012 Transgender Erotica Awards winner — “Best Solo Model”, “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2012 Tranny Awards nominee — “Best Single Model”
- 2012 Tranny Awards nominee — “Best Single Website”
- 2013 NightMoves Awards nominee — “Best Transsexual Performer”
- 2013 The Fanny Awards nominee — “Transsexual Performer of the Year”
- 2013 AVN Awards nominee — “Transsexual Performer of the Year”
- 2013 AVN Awards nominee — “Best Transsexual Scene”— Forbidden Lovers (with Robert Christian)
- 2013 Tranny Awards nominee — “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2013 Transgender Erotica Awards winner — “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2014 Tranny Awards winner — “Best Web Girl of the Year”
- 2014 AVN Awards nominee — “Transsexual Performer of the Year”
- 2014 The Fanny Awards nominee — “Transsexual Performer of the Year” -Dwanyewest (talk) 08:17, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- As a general answer without going case-by-case: probably not. Nominations no longer count towards PORNBIO notability and editor consensus on what constitutes a "well-known" industry award has tightened considerably. Awards like Urban X (Sara Jay) and niche categories of better-known awards (Deauxma) don't meet that standard. I'm not familiar enough with the Transgender Erotica Awards to make an instant assessment, but I would be skeptical. • Gene93k (talk) 12:56, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
What bout Alexis Fawx she has received three nominations from XBIZ, including MILF Performer of the Year and Girl/Girl Performer of the Year. She also picked up another nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Preacher's Daughter" (Wicked). The film also received a nomination for Best Feature. Also she had 2 AVN nominations including MILF Performer of the Year. She also received a nomination for Best Supporting Actress for her role as wife and mother in "The Preacher's Daughter" (Wicked). Dwanyewest (talk) 17:34, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- In a word no, unless you have real sources that clearly pass the gng, Spartaz Humbug! 17:38, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
So the nominations don't mean shit Spartaz unless they have sources or the nominations themselves aren't noteworthy and Sara Jay AVN hall of fame doesn't pass WP:PORNBIO and the Tranny Awards count for nothing for Sarina Valentina? Dwanyewest (talk) 17:52, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- Obviously otherwise nominations would not have been removed from Pornbio, or the awards are significant and well known. Essentially any blp should be able to pass the gng. If they don't, well they won't survive afd. Spartaz Humbug! 19:12, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- Despite my comment above, Sara Jay now passes the letter of WP:PORNBIO with the AVN Hall of Fame induction, however such performers are getting redirected to the hall of fame lists if they don't have enough reliably sourced content. In the case of deleted articles, a certain editor insists they should go through deletion review before coming back. Unless the performer can pass GNG, recreating an article is going to be a battle. • Gene93k (talk) 20:14, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
- For the record, • Gene93k, my position has been not that all deleted articles must go through DRV (although salted articles generally should), but that deleted articles should not be restored by administrative fiat. The relevant part of the comment I think you're referring to is "reinstatement on request would not be appropriate. Because this was an AFD deletion, the article is ineligible for WP:REFUND, and endrunning the established processes should not be encouraged". Otherwise you're on target. The Big Bad Wolfowitz (aka Hullaballoo). Treated like dirt by many administrators since 2006. (talk) 21:23, 19 March 2017 (UTC)
When did the AVN Award for Best New Starlet become not a marker of notability?
As the discussion of Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Abella Danger is suggesting it would seem like there has been a rollback of policy? Why was this not discussed first? GuzzyG (talk) 12:07, 20 April 2017 (UTC)
- The anti-porn Wikipedia editors don't give a damn about adult film awards. Guy1890 (talk) 03:54, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
- Or about the meaning of the English language. At WP:Articles for deletion/Crystal Knight, they're arguing, in unison, that Knight—despite having been the host of a Playboy TV television show, having been on multiple record covers (including an Eminem single), having been in multiple rap videos, and having featured in an ad campaign for Pony athletic gear—never "featured" in mainstream media, she merely "appeared" in it. Fuck it. If the jihadists want a porn-free encyclopedia, and nobody with any authority gives a fuck, there's no point in fighting them. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 04:10, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Pornography/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Pornography.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Pornography, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Proposed merger of Cartoon pornography to Erotic animation
The article Cartoon pornography, which is tagged as part of this project, has been proposed for merger with Erotic animation. See Talk:Erotic animation#Merger for discussion. -Jason A. Quest (talk) 23:00, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
Could someone from this WikiProject take a look at Eva Lovia and assess it? It's recently created and filled with puffery and other POV content. I've tried to do a bit of general technical cleanup, but really am not very failiar with the style typically used in articlesa about adult film actors. Thanks in advance. -- Marchjuly (talk) 21:59, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
Is Danni Daniels notable
- First look: comes up short on WP:PORNBIO, WP:ENT and WP:GNG. PORNBIO #3 says "featured in multiple mainstream media." WP:ENT specifies significant roles in multiple notable productions. As for GNG, the Variety article lacks depth and the Vice article is not enough by itself. • Gene93k (talk) 04:13, 21 June 2017 (UTC)