Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Rivers
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Rivers page.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4|
|WikiProject Rivers||(Rated Project-class)|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 60 days may be automatically moved. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
This is a notice to let you know about Article alerts, a fully-automated subscription-based news delivery system designed to notify WikiProjects and Taskforces when articles are entering Articles for deletion, Requests for comment, Peer review and other workflows (full list). The reports are updated on a daily basis, and provide brief summaries of what happened, with relevant links to discussion or results when possible. A certain degree of customization is available; WikiProjects and Taskforces can choose which workflows to include, have individual reports generated for each workflow, have deletion discussion transcluded on the reports, and so on. An example of a customized report can be found here.
If you are already subscribed to Article Alerts, it is now easier to report bugs and request new features. We are also in the process of implementing a "news system", which would let projects know about ongoing discussions on a wikipedia-wide level, and other things of interest. The developers also note that some subscribing WikiProjects and Taskforces use the
display=none parameter, but forget to give a link to their alert page. Your alert page should be located at "Wikipedia:PROJECT-OR-TASKFORCE-HOMEPAGE/Article alerts". Questions and feedback should be left at Wikipedia talk:Article alerts.
CfD on Category:Rivers of the Boundary Ranges etc
- Category:Rivers of the Boundary Ranges
- Category:Rivers of the Canadian Rockies
- Category:Rivers of the Omineca Mountains
- Category:Rivers of the Pacific Ranges
- Category:Rivers of the Kitimat Ranges
- and various others by-region
Hydrology/water chemistry on the River Tone
Can anyone help? The River Tone article is currently on GA review at Talk:River Tone/GA1. Although many of the reviewers comments have been dealt with, I have been unable to find any reliable sources with information about the hydrology/water chemistry of the river, which the reviewer sees as essential. Can anyone help?— Rod talk 16:58, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- Some suggestions were made at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_UK_geography#Hydrology.2Fwater_chemistry_on_the_River_Tone...Jokulhlaup (talk) 17:24, 22 June 2015 (UTC)
Listing all the rivers of a country in the category "Rivers of [Country]"
There is a discussion at Category talk:Rivers of Spain, on which is the best solution:
- either listing all the rivers of a country in the category "Rivers of [Country]," as for example in France and Portugal,
- or including them only in sub-categories and listing the rivers in list pages, as for example in the United Kingdom, the USA, Ireland and Germany.
- I support deletion unless the author (or other editors) can establish notability. Thewellman (talk) 12:29, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- The word "fictitious" was added last year by an anon editor whose intention was to assert that the river doesn't exist. "Rafallo" doesn't appear in the GEOnet Names Server and I don't have access to the text sources cited in the article. --Malepheasant (talk) 14:08, 28 August 2015 (UTC)