Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Russia
|WikiProject Russia||(Rated Project-class)|
|WikiProject Russia was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 12 December 2011. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|WikiProject Russia was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 12 February 2014. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|This WikiProject's subject is featured in the Outline of Russia, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, comprise Wikipedia's Outline of knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
- 1 Category names in Commons
- 2 Wiki Loves Pride
- 3 Is this university the same?
- 4 Sources?
- 5 Nomination for merging of Template:Infobox Russian inhabited locality
- 6 Copyright Violation Detection - EranBot Project
- 7 Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/Central Committee elected by the 16th Congress of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)
- 8 Crimean crisis listed at Requested moves
- 9 "Russian Winter"
- 10 "Crimean crisis"
- 11 Varenyky proposed merger
- 12 Jazz guitarist Aleksey Kuznetsov
- 13 "Russian Winter"
- 14 RfC in Talk:Mat (Russian profanity)
Category names in Commons
I worked on bringing the category names in Commons closer to the English Wikipedia names.
Some categories used a plain name, even if it was shared with other entities. Thanks to User:Ezhiki for his SIA pages and all the work.
What was changed:
- Nouns were changed to adjective, e.g. commons:Category:Istrinsky District contained Category:Alekseevka (Istra district) not it is Category:Alekseevka (Istrinsky District)
- rayon was changed to district
- Sometimes two categories for the same thing existed next to each other, "X district" next to "X District", standardization made that pretty obvious
- Some categories for a given X District had subcategories that were named "Buildings of X District" and "Lakes in X rayon". They have been standardized to the English Wikipedia language name, X District.
- A bot is working on P373 : Special:Contributions/Hoo Bot.
Edits that have been done for the Russian, Ukrainian, Belorusian districts where in line with the naming conventions in the English Wikipedia.
Goal was better linking between Commons, Wikidata, English Wikipedia and other projects.
A bot is working on P373 : commons:Special:Contributions/Hoo Bot.
Still, there might be mass reversion via the AN
You are invited to participate in Wiki Loves Pride!
- What? Wiki Loves Pride, a campaign to document and photograph LGBT culture and history, including pride events
- When? June 2015
- How can you help?
- 1.) Create or improve LGBT-related articles and showcase the results of your work here
- 2.) Upload photographs or other media related to LGBT culture and history, including pride events, and add images to relevant Wikipedia articles; feel free to create a subpage with a gallery of your images (see examples from last year)
- 3.) Contribute to an LGBT-related task force at another Wikimedia project (Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikivoyage, etc.)
Or, view or update the current list of Tasks. This campaign is supported by the Wikimedia LGBT+ User Group, an officially recognized affiliate of the Wikimedia Foundation. Visit the group's page at Meta-Wiki for more information, or follow Wikimedia LGBT+ on Facebook. Remember, Wiki Loves Pride is about creating and improving LGBT-related content at Wikimedia projects, and content should have a neutral point of view. One does not need to identify as LGBT or any other gender or sexual minority to participate. This campaign is about adding accurate, reliable information to Wikipedia, plain and simple, and all are welcome!
If you have any questions, please leave a message on the campaign's main talk page.
Thanks, and happy editing!
How about some photos of lion prides or proud members of Russian military? I mean, it is bad idea to usurp a yet another word ("gay", now "pride"). -M.Altenmann >t 06:21, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
Is this university the same?
Somebody at Talk:Birobidzhan Jewish National University says the university was renamed ПГУ им. Шолом-Алейхема i.e. Sholem Aleichem . Is this ru:Приамурский государственный университет имени Шолом-Алейхема? These two articles are not wikilinked yet WhisperToMe (talk) 04:59, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, that seems to be the same university. I will interlink them.--Ymblanter (talk) 06:08, 9 June 2015 (UTC)
Hey, I was wondering if any of you would be willing/able to check to see if there are any sources for this book series, Play to Live. I'd come across this via a friend and some of the marketing info says that it was up for a major award in Russia (as it was originally published in Russian and later translated into English), the Start Award. I admit that I'm slightly skeptical of the claims of "major award" in any author bio because of the tendency for self-promotion, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask if there was coverage in Russian. I'm not really expecting anything, but I'd like to make sure just for curiosity's sake. To the best of my knowledge all the titles should be the same. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 08:39, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
- The guy is spelled Дмитрий Рус in Russian, and I was able to find exactly zero reliable sources in Russian describing him or his books. I find either fan sites or online libraries.--Ymblanter (talk) 09:18, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Infobox Russian inhabited locality
Template:Infobox Russian inhabited locality has been nominated for merging with Template:Infobox settlement. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Sovereign/Sentinel 08:55, 23 June 2015 (UTC)
Copyright Violation Detection - EranBot Project
A new copy-paste detection bot is now in general use on English Wikipedia. Come check it out at the EranBot reporting page. This bot utilizes the Turnitin software (ithenticate), unlike User:CorenSearchBot that relies on a web search API from Yahoo. It checks individual edits rather than just new articles. Please take 15 seconds to visit the EranBot reporting page and check a few of the flagged concerns. Comments welcome regarding potential improvements. These likely copyright violations can be searched by WikiProject categories. Use "control-f" to jump to your area of interest.--Lucas559 (talk) 22:27, 25 June 2015 (UTC)
Wikipedia:Featured list candidates/Central Committee elected by the 16th Congress of the All-Union Communist Party (Bolsheviks)
Crimean crisis listed at Requested moves
An editor has requested for Crimean crisis to be moved to another page. Since you had some involvement with Crimean crisis, you might want to participate in the move discussion (if you have not already done so). -- 18.104.22.168 (talk) 04:56, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
Jazz guitarist Aleksey Kuznetsov
Wikipedia has articles on the skier and politician of this name, but no article on the Russian jazz guitarist who has a considerable discography. Just thought I would put in a plug to create an article on him. Best.4meter4 (talk) 01:08, 25 July 2015 (UTC)