Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Technology
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Technology page.
|This subject is featured in the Outline of technology, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Threads with no replies in 90 days may be automatically moved.|
- 1 Lubrizol edit request
- 2 Draft:iPen - is this a notable subject?
- 3 Merge concepts of "air conditioning" and "refrigeration"? Comments requested
- 4 Nomination for merging of Template:Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- 5 One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
- 6 Requests for comment on Microscope article
- 7 Long-lost article Outdoor heating
- 8 Possible Hoax?
- 9 More Wholesome Intro
- 10 RfC on the WP:ANDOR guideline
- 11 Citation overkill proposal at WP:Citation overkill talk page
- 12 Popular pages report
Lubrizol edit request
I am posting here to reach editors interested in editing articles about technology-driven companies. Specifically, I have suggested updates to the article about the specialty chemical company Lubrizol. I made an edit request at Lubrizol to replace the article's About section with this draft. I have discussed my draft with Devopam on the Lubrizol Talk page, but we agreed to have others give it a look. I have a conflict of interest as I work for The Lubrizol Corporation. Can an editor, or editors, review the draft, as well as the discussion on the Lubrizol Talk page? Lz maor (Talk · COI--Lubrizol employee) 21:46, 25 January 2017 (UTC)
Draft:iPen - is this a notable subject?
Dear technology experts: This draft about a computer accessory has lots of references, because the gadget was discussed in various tech and gadget magazines when it first came out. However, interest appears to have died away. Is this subject notable enough for an article? If not, should a summary of the content be included in another article, for example Stylus (computing)?—Anne Delong (talk) 05:29, 9 February 2017 (UTC)
Merge concepts of "air conditioning" and "refrigeration"? Comments requested
I think that descriptions of "air cooling" are all the same concept but somehow started to be described in multiples places. I am seeking advice on what can be merged together and where. Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:24, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- What are you proposing? • • • Peter (Southwood) (talk): 18:36, 6 March 2017 (UTC)
- Pbsouthwood There is more there but I am going to merge a multi-part fork of the concept of the heat pump/refrigerator. I am posting here because it affects articles read by ~150,000 monthly. If you have comments please follow through the link, thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 21:31, 23 March 2017 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Template:Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers has been nominated for merging with Template:IEEE councils. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. --Jax 0677 (talk) 19:13, 10 March 2017 (UTC)
Technology is the branch of science and engineering that is concerned with the production of things using the scientific knowledge gained from applying scientific theories. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:23, 12 March 2017 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
Requests for comment on Microscope article
Please comment on a few requests for comments on the Microscope article.
Talk:Microscope#RFC_should_article_focus_on_instrument.2C_microscope.2C_or_technique.2C_microscopy — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2600:387:6:807:0:0:0:C2 (talk) 14:27, 27 April 2017 (UTC)
Long-lost article Outdoor heating
Suter (computer program) has been proposed for deletion as a hoax. However I am not familiar with the subject and would like someone more knowledgeable to confirm this before I hit the by by button. Thanks... -Ad Orientem (talk) 23:58, 14 April 2017 (UTC)
More Wholesome Intro
I think the beginning of the page should have a more wholesome intro. It does not really give an overview of sports equipment and describe what the article is going to talk about. Maryskijagfan (talk) 12:35, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- Maryskijagfan, I don't think wholesome is the word you are looking for, and I am not sure you are using the right page, as this is not the talk page for sports equipment. • • • Peter (Southwood) (talk): 17:14, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
Hi, all. Opinions are needed on the following: Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style#RfC: Should the WP:ANDOR guideline be softened to begin with "Avoid unless" wording or similar?. A WP:Permalink for it is here. Flyer22 Reborn (talk) 22:53, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
Citation overkill proposal at WP:Citation overkill talk page
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Technology/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Technology.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Technology, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)