Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Transhumanism
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Transhumanism and anything related to its purposes and tasks.|
|WikiProject Transhumanism||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Tools and design
- 2 Small bug in template or in section in name?
- 3 Duplicated places to ask for assessment
- 4 Nayef Al-Rodhan Rewrite
- 5 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 6 WikiProject X is live!
- 7 There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project
- 8 Transhumanist politics and Transhumanist Party
- 9 Tracking anti-transhumanists
- 10 Hplus pedia
Tools and design
Glad to see this project. I am involved in maintaining WP:POLAND and WP:SOCIOLOGY, and I've significantly redesigned their pages, and implemented numerous tools. See if you'd like me to copy something from them here. I'd particularly suggest enabling the Article Alerts, Most Popular, Copyediting and New Article feeds. --Piotr Konieczny aka Prokonsul Piotrus| talk to me 15:46, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
Small bug in template or in section in name?
Go to a page like Talk:How_to_Create_a_Mind, in the WikiProject Transhumanism banner click on the words "importance scale". It tries to take you to:
But there is no section "Importance scale", instead the section is called "Importance assessment". So either the template or the section name has to be changed. I looked at the template and could not really figure out where the section name was in there. I would say just fix the landing page, but I didn't want to break something. Silas Ropac (talk) 18:41, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
Duplicated places to ask for assessment
On Wikipedia:WikiProject Transhumanism there is a section "requesting an assessment" which says "place requests here". But on Wikipedia:WikiProject Transhumanism/Assessment there is also a section which says "requesting an assessment" with an invitation to list articles there. I propose one or the other be removed. Silas Ropac (talk) 14:18, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- I boldly took care of this. Made it like WikiProject Books, where the main points to the assessment page. Seems to make sense to have the list of articles to assess live on the assessment page. Silas Ropac (talk) 21:06, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
Nayef Al-Rodhan Rewrite
The biography is copied verbatim from his website: sustainablehistory.com . Should be up for deletion, suggested whole rewrite. It's within your interests so I thought I'd let you know. I'll have a gander at it. amosabo t@lk; 09:52, 24 September 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:48, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project
There is an RFC that may affect a page in this project at WikiProject Tree of Life. The topic is Confusion over taxonomy of subtribe Panina and taxon homininae (are chimps hominins)?
See Talk:Transhumanist politics. The long section on the Transhumanist Party had a lot of terrible sources. There's talk of spinning it out as a separate article, but a separate article failed AFD once already and a draft prospective replacement has failed once. More eyes needed - David Gerard (talk) 17:42, 7 July 2015 (UTC)
I'm pretty happy with Category:Transhumanists and hope it'll grow in time. However is there any reciprocal category for anti-transhumanists or similar?
What is an anti-transhumanist? I was researching Amir Taaki who I was interested in meeting, but came across some very clear anti-transhumanist statements which has put me off. The problem is, there are very few notable anti-transhumanists, simply sceptics to different degrees. Can this idea go anywhere? Deku-shrub (talk) 18:48, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- Well there's Category:Anarcho-primitivists. I don't think creating a category for that (e.g. Transhumanist critics/Critics of tranhumanism) is necessarily a good idea because people might falsly be categorized in there just for being skeptic (e.g. about specific aspects or subideologies of it). I think the transhumanist movement/ideology is far too broad to enable such a plain category (speaking of "Anti-transhumanists" as a category). A category "Critics of transhumanism" might work though. --Fixuture (talk) 19:10, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
- I begin accused Wiki User:David_Gerard and the former User:I9Q79oL78KiL0QTFHgyc to be somewhat Anti-Transhumanist views by start begin "questioning" pages to ultimately deleted Transhumanist Pages without other users apporval like  and recent  pages as claimed they not belong to wikipedia even they been existed for decede (Parahuman page being made in December 10, 2004 and IEET page being made in January 21, 2005). 2606:A000:85E7:4E00:1119:D8AC:53B1:DCD4 (talk) 21:12, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
- Not sure if that's serious. But it's a good showcase on how hard it would be to maintain this category. Not that categories that are hard to maintain aren't worth it though. But I think there aren't that many people openly explicitly self-identifying as anti-transhumanist to make it category worth creating as such is imo needed for how easy people can be misunderstood in that context. @2606:A000:85E7:4E00:1119:D8AC:53B1:DCD4: categories aren't for wikipedia users. There might be userboxes that allow people to self-identify as anti-transhumanists but that's something else than claiming other people are such. If you think those two editors are biased in that way you could make a post about it on some noticeboard or their talk page. --Fixuture (talk) 22:35, 10 July 2015 (UTC)
Humanity+ has installed their own wiki where we can better track the minutiae of transhumanist goings on without the Wikipedia notability bar.
Ideally it will become a good article incubation space.
I will be doing an introductory event about H+Pedia, what has been created and what possibilities it holds the weekend after next. (Sunday the 6th).
Do feel free to attend, ask questions, or just watch the recording of the event at a later date.