Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Western New York
|WikiProject Western New York||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 RM: University at Buffalo
- 2 Update
- 3 Please comment or read this Move Review
- 4 2016 Community Wishlist Survey Proposal to Revive Popular Pages
- 5 RFC at Talk:Buffalo–Niagara Falls metropolitan area
- 6 Popular pages report
- 7 Image removal discussion on article under purview of WikiProject Western New York
RM: University at Buffalo
(Topic moved from Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Western New York/Popular pages#Update.)
How do we update this page for current months data? DACC23 (talk) 19:41, 17 November 2015 (UTC)
- @DACC23: The WP:WikiProject Western New York/Popular pages page is updated by the bot User:Mr.Z-bot—mere mortals like us cannot manually update it. You're right that the bot seems to be running a few days behind this month, I assume due to some change in the Wikimedia Foundation's IT systems that volunteers are in the process of addressing. In the meantime, if you click on the innocuous-looking "You can view more results on the Tool Labs tool", click on "View lists of the hitcount data", and then select "WikiProject Western New York" from the "Project" listbox, "October 2015" from the "Month" listbox, and type 1500 in the "List size" numeric up/down, you should see the most recent view counts for both October and November. You can also just simply click this link. -- DanielPenfield (talk) 00:36, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
Please comment or read this Move Review
I'm attempting to let this project's members know of Wikipedia:Move review/Log/2016 June, where a Move Review is taking place. A Requested Move was implemented, moving New York to New York (state), which is now being contested. This should be of relevant interest to this WikiProject. This notice was requested by several editors, and is performed as a courtesy.
2016 Community Wishlist Survey Proposal to Revive Popular Pages
Greetings WikiProject Western New York Members!
This is a one-time-only message to inform you about a technical proposal to revive your Popular Pages list in the 2016 Community Wishlist Survey that I think you may be interested in reviewing and perhaps even voting for:
If the above proposal gets in the Top 10 based on the votes, there is a high likelihood of this bot being restored so your project will again see monthly updates of popular pages.
Further, there are over 260 proposals in all to review and vote for, across many aspects of wikis.
Thank you for your consideration. Please note that voting for proposals continues through December 12, 2016.
Best regards, Stevietheman — Delivered: 18:19, 7 December 2016 (UTC)
Please see Talk:Buffalo–Niagara_Falls_metropolitan_area#RfC_about_the_3_separate_regional_articles. This could use a few more responses. Thank you. --Lemongirl942 (talk) 13:20, 9 March 2017 (UTC)
Popular pages report
We – Community Tech – are happy to announce that the Popular pages bot is back up-and-running (after a one year hiatus)! You're receiving this message because your WikiProject or task force is signed up to receive the popular pages report. Every month, will post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Western New York/Popular pages with a list of the most-viewed pages over the previous month that are within the scope of WikiProject Western New York.
We've made some enhancements to the original report. Here's what's new:
- The pageview data includes both desktop and mobile data.
- The report will include a link to the pageviews tool for each article, to dig deeper into any surprises or anomalies.
- The report will include the total pageviews for the entire project (including redirects).
We're grateful to m:User talk:Community Tech bot.for his original , and we wish his bot a happy robot retirement. Just as before, we hope the popular pages reports will aid you in understanding the reach of WikiProject Western New York, and what articles may be deserving of more attention. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at
Warm regards, the Community Tech Team 17:16, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Image removal discussion on article under purview of WikiProject Western New York
Can a member of another WikiProject unilaterally impose his view on the inclusion of a photo in a Western New York article? See Talk:Eastridge High School#Repeated removal of photo. -- DanielPenfield (talk) 13:03, 25 September 2017 (UTC)