Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Wine
|Home||Assessment||Cleanup||Participants||Guidelines||To do list||Talkpage||Templates||Translators|
|The current Wine Improvement Drive theme is Southern Hemisphere wine-Australian, New Zealand, Argentine, Chilean, South African, etc.
Feel free to contribute to any articles related to this month's theme.
|WikiProject Wine was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 11 December 2013. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|This talk page is automatically archived by MiszaBot II. Any threads with no replies in 30 days may be automatically moved to Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Wine/Archive 13. Sections without timestamps are not archived.|
|WikiProject Wine||(Rated Project-class, High-importance)|
|This subject is featured in the Outline of wine, which is incomplete and needs further development. That page, along with the other outlines on Wikipedia, is part of Wikipedia's Outline of Knowledge, which also serves as the table of contents or site map of Wikipedia.|
More Commons deletion requests
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Perrier Jouet Cuvee Belle Epoque '96.jpg
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Mouton Rothschild 2001.jpg
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Mouton-1989.JPG
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Plavac wine.JPG
- Commons:Commons:Deletion_requests/File:Egyptian wine.jpg
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Mouton-1988.JPG
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Revin-02.jpg
- Commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Sagrantino 2.JPG
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.
New Mexico wineries
I was surprised to find not one single article on any of the many award-winning wineries in New Mexico. (Though there were a couple deleted ones, no surprise there...)
So, I've created List of wineries in New Mexico along with articles on seven notable wineries:
- Black Mesa Winery
- La Chiripada Winery
- La Viña Winery
- Luna Rossa Winery
- Noisy Water Winery
- Ponderosa Valley Vineyards & Winery
- St. Clair Winery
Looking at developing a NavBox for the Langton's classification. In my view, each of the wines listed on the classification could be considered notable and as a result I initially looked at listing all the various wines under their particular classification, however this became quite long. My second attempt was to list just the wineries (with sub links where relevant), it does result in some duplicates however. What does everyone think? Screech1616 (talk) 13:21, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- In this case, as in the case of most other New World wines/wineries, my opinion is that there should usually be one entry for the producer covering all of their wines. Notable wines might get a section of their own within that article. I think it is much more useful for the reader to have all Henschke's or Grosset's wines, or at least the famous ones, described within one article. Tomas e (talk) 21:27, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- I don't agree, the listing is of Wines, not Wineries, strange to have e.g. Henschke three times without any more text as it is now. Or do you suggest to group everything together in a A-Z list and then in some way list what classification each winery's wines have?? I can't visualise that! --Stefan-S talk 01:13, 7 August 2015 (UTC)
Category:Wine regions of Bulgaria
Category:Wine regions of Bulgaria, which is within the scope of this WikiProject, has been nominated for upmerging to Category:Wine regions. If you would like to participate in the discussion, you are invited to add your comments at the category's entry on the Categories for discussion page. Thank you. RevelationDirect (talk) 17:29, 6 August 2015 (UTC)
Hi, is this project active? I just reverted some edits to The Rocks AVA by a COI editor. AVAs are not my long suit, so I'm not sure if the edits were legit or not. It looks like marketing vs. official designation to me. Can someone look them over? Feel free to revert my reversion. Valfontis (talk) 00:28, 27 October 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, this project is correctly classified as semi-active. AVAs is not really my side of the Atlantic, but it seems to me that if the AVA is actually called "The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater", the article should probably be moved to the slightly cumbersome name "The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater AVA". Tomas e (talk) 17:25, 27 October 2015 (UTC)