|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Wikipedians page.
|Archives: Index, 1, 2, 3|
|Threads older than 2 years may be archived by.|
Source for nationality?
"Most editors (20%) reside in the United States, followed by Germany (12%) and Russia (7%). The only country not in Europe or North America in the top 10, is India (3%)." Is there a source for that? I'd love to see it! Also, this statement requires a date. And the section title should rather be "residence" than nationality I guess. Guaka (talk) 17:51, 22 November 2014 (UTC)
- Exactly, I keep reading statistics about Wikipedia's editors like nationality, gender, education but I keep wondering where they get this data, most editors I encounter are from India, and most Indians tend to have a rotating IP address so they will tend to be fictionally overrepresented, in fact the same goes for Vietnam, I don't get where they get these statistics from. --Hoang the Hoangest (talk) 02:23, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
Brazilian Portuguese option
We need translate "pt" to "pt-br". It's different languages. I was blocked trying to have an better Wikipedia.org
Request for Adminship
- What do you mean by the term "adminship"?
- What do you want to do by that?
- Interested to know. Elsid-h (talk) 22:34, 24 February 2017 (UTC)
- If you want to become an Administrator (not me), then you should first read Wikipedia:Administrators then go to Wikipedia:Requests For Adminship. You can then create a subpage under the Wikipedia:Requests For Adminship directory (i.e. Wikipedia:Requests For Adminship/Example). UpsandDowns1234 (talk) 02:01, 9 March 2017 (UTC)== Suggestion; time-expiring watchlist entry
Suggestion; time-expiring watchlist entry
Dear all, I find I often want to watch a wiki page for say a week or two - typically after I have made an edit, to see if it is is accepted. I suggest the 'watchlist' options be extended to offer this option; i.e. a time-limited watchlist entry ('drops off watchlist in 2 weeks time'). JCJC777 (talk) 17:08, 10 May 2017 (UTC)User:JCJC777
- @JCJC777: This would be useful. But this is the wrong place to make such suggestions; a better place would be Wikipedia:Village pump (proposals). --Fixuture (talk) 17:02, 5 June 2017 (UTC)
- Or possibly that was the first revision after one of the early software upgrades. Graham87 (talk · contribs) is the expert on this kind of thing. -- John of Reading (talk) 20:55, 21 June 2017 (UTC)