Wilcox Township, Hancock County, Illinois
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 15, 1855|
|• Total||21.04 sq mi (54.5 km2)|
|• Land||20.12 sq mi (52.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.92 sq mi (2.4 km2) 4.37%|
|Elevation||620 ft (189 m)|
|• Density||9.4/sq mi (3.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62373, 62379|
|GNIS feature ID||0429935|
Wilcox Township was a township in Hancock County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 189 and it contained 82 housing units. It was formed from the rural portion of Warsaw Township on November 15, 1855, when that township became co-extensive with the city of Warsaw. In November 2016, the township voted to merge with Rocky Run Township due to low population. It is now part of Rocky Run-Wilcox Township.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 21.04 square miles (54.5 km2), of which 20.12 square miles (52.1 km2) (or 95.63%) is land and 0.92 square miles (2.4 km2) (or 4.37%) is water.
The township contains Green Plains Cemetery.
Airports and landing strips
- Warsaw Airport
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District 328
- Warsaw Community Unit School District 316
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Wilcox Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Niehaus, Michaele (November 9, 2016). "Election results in Hancock and Henderson counties in Illinois". The Hawk Eye. Retrieved November 26, 2016.
||Vernon Township, Clark County, Missouri||Warsaw Township||Montebello Township|
|Rocky Run Township||Walker Township|