Wild Peach Village, Texas
Wild Peach Village, Texas
|• Total||10.0 sq mi (25.9 km2)|
|• Land||10.0 sq mi (25.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||26 ft (8 m)|
|• Density||245/sq mi (94.6/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867574|
Wild Peach Village is located in western Brazoria County at  Texas State Highway 36 forms the northeastern edge of the community and leads southeast 4 miles (6 km) to Brazoria and northwest 4 miles (6 km) to West Columbia.(29.077715, -95.621717).
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,498 people, 882 households, and 701 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 248.5 people per square mile (96.0/km2). There were 989 housing units at an average density of 98.4/sq mi (38.0/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 82.67% White, 9.69% African American, 0.64% Native American, 0.24% Asian, 4.44% from other races, and 2.32% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.57% of the population.
There were 882 households, out of which 35.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.1% were married couples living together, 9.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.5% were non-families. 18.4% of all households were made up of individuals, and 7.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.83 and the average family size was 3.21.
In the CDP, the population was spread out, with 29.1% under the age of 18, 8.3% from 18 to 24, 27.5% from 25 to 44, 24.1% from 45 to 64, and 10.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.2 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $39,919, and the median income for a family was $49,250. Males had a median income of $38,606 versus $23,705 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $17,087. About 4.7% of families and 8.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.8% of those under age 18 and 7.1% of those age 65 or over.
Wild Peach Village is a part of the Columbia-Brazoria Independent School District.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Wild Peach Village CDP, Texas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on February 12, 2020. Retrieved April 17, 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Texas Education Code Sec. 130.170. BRAZOSPORT COLLEGE DISTRICT SERVICE AREA.