Wild Water Kingdom
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Wild Water Kingdom|
|Slogan||Water you waiting for? |
|Location||Brampton, Toronto, Mississauga|
|General Manager||Kevin Siu‐Chong|
|Previous names||Sunshine Beach Water Park|
|Operating season||June to September|
|Area||100-acre (0.40 km2)|
|Water slides||15 water slides|
Wild Water Kingdom (formerly known as "Sunshine Beach") is located in Brampton, Ontario in the Greater Toronto Area. Opened in 1986, the 100-acre (0.40 km2) entertainment complex is located next to the Clairville Reservoir, Clairville Conservation Area and the Humber River (Ontario). The park hosts a variety of attractions, including numerous water slides, a wave pool, a lazy river, the Caribbean Cove with a cascading waterfall, volleyball courts, a kids' water playground and adventure zone. The water park is home to "The Big Tipper", the only Double Tipping Bucket attraction in the world.holding eight hundred gallons of water, As well, there are non-swimming activities such as their Face Drop Zip Lines (to ride like superman or traditional style), a rock climbing wall, and 18-hole fantasy mini golf. The park is also home to a number of bars and food vendors and cabanas for parties. Wild Water Kingdom also has a mascot named "Hugo the Hippo" in 2013 Wild Water Kingdom opened for its 27th season., Summer Rush held by radio station Z103.5 for the first time was held at Wild Water Kingdom On August 30, 2013 this as well as drake's pool party was only two of four major events held at Wild Water Kingdom in 2013 Wild Water Kingdom has hosted up to 2,500,000 guests since the Waterpark first opened in 1986
Wild Water Kingdom's season runs from June to September annually. The water park is owned by a private company. Wild Water Kingdom's General Manager is Kevin Siu Chong, As of June 2010 Wild Water Kingdom is no longer Canada's largest water park as Calypso Park in Ottawa has opened., On the week of June 23, 2010 hugo the hippo threw its annual birthday party. Wild Water Kingdom has also switched all water slides and pools to saltwater On Thursday,July 7, 2011 CP24 was at Wild Water Kingdom for CP24 day. In August 2013 an Armed robbery occurred just as the beach club festival was ending, Wild Water Kingdom was kept closed the following day so police could process the investigation and conduct interviews., also In August 2013 Wild Water Kingdom held an event called "the O Course" the event was based on real U.S. Marine Corps fitness training,endurance, strength, speed, and stamina.This is Canada's only training course designed by and led by former U.S Marine drill instructor Sgt. Tony Austin In September 2013 following the interviews and the investigation police had arrested three suspects two of which were connected in the robbery, police had been looking for another suspect in the robbery. in late July 2014 police have found,arrested and charged the fourth suspect in the robbery almost a year after the robbery. the Beach club festival returned for August 2014 as well as Jamaican day later that month.  in May 2015 Wild Water Kingdom had announced that the Waterpark would not opened for the season due to renovations it is not clear as to when or if the waterpark will reopen  as of September 2015 it was still deemed unclear as to what renovations have been done and it has been doubted by some that Wild Water kingdom will open for 2016, also to speculate that Wild Water Kingdom will not be open for 2016 is that they have NOT updated they're facebook page since September 17, 2015 
First expansion: 1986/87 The water park opened in 1986 with a kids water playground named Dolphins Bay with multiple Splash Pads, Dry Playground, seven children's water slides and a wading pool
Second expansion: 1991/92 With Splash Works opening at Canada's Wonderland it was ideal that Wild Water Kingdom was soon to add another addition with what is now the 4th largest wave pool in Canada behind the ones at Wild Water Works in Hamilton, Splash works at Canada's wonderland and Calypso Waterpark in Ottawa
1998: two slides were added in dolphin's bay, many venders such as Pizza Pizza and Mr.Sub began partnership with Wild Water Kingdom.
2001: three slides Midnight Express, The Abyss and Nightrider were added 
2002: White Lighting and The Cliff were installed in early 2002 in time for the 2002 season.
2008: Wild Water Kingdom removes the hot tub due to many complaints about not safe and uncleanliness.
2009: Wild Water kingdom expanded they're saltwater attractions by refilling the Wave pool with all saltwater becoming the first and only saltwater wave pool. 
2012: In July 2012 a new Zip line attraction called "face drop" is added it was the first of its kind in Canada having a different form of ziplining either face first or regular style, facedrop is four 1,200-foot long high-tension cable rides that can be reaching speeds of 50 km/hr soaring from one end of the park to the other. Riders will start high atop the tallest water slide in the park and fly over the massive wave pool,the lazy river and Caribbean Cove< In June 2012 Wild Water kingdom held they're first "Beach Club Festival it was a Beach themed party set at Wild Water Kingdom lasting till 3am the party was usually recommended for adult 18+ but Wild Water Kingdom basically let anyone in if the people under 18 did NOT get caught getting into the party.
2013 In August 2013 an Armed robbery occurred just as the 2nd Annual Beach Club Festival was ending for the season.
2014 In August 2014 the Beach Club Festival had returned for its 3rd Annual, it was unclear and not reported rather or not security and appropriate improvements were made since the previous Beach Club Festival.
2015: In May 2015, Wild Water Kingdom announced that it would be closed for the 2015 season while it undergoes major renovations and expansions. in 2014 and 2015 alone there were multiple complaints and suggestions made to solve this at wild water kingdom but in 2014 many of them were ignored or not deemed serious enough, it is not yet known the full extent of the renovations. 
2016: Waterpark announced they will be closed for 2016 season for continued renovations but sports complex and golf driving range remain open, this marks the 2nd season in a row that Wild Water Kingdom has been shut off from Public admission and business operations., there have also been rumors that some Ontario place attractions could be open in 2016 and 2017 but that has yet to be determined.
Wild Water Kingdom is Northwest of Highway 427 2 km on Finch Ave West bordered by Steeles Ave East,housing and campgrounds at highway 427, highway 427 to the east and about 10 minutes southwest of Woodbridge, Wild Water Kingdom is also close to Humber College.
Waterparks such as the one at Ontario Place which the attraction not the waterpark is due to be ready for reopening at the end of 2015, Ontario Place opened in 1971 and is one of Ontario's well known attractions, Other Waterparks like at Allottawata which opened in 2015 and Canada's Wonderland open since 1992 is also well known and this year has received its first major addition since 2002
- "Wild Water Kingdom closes for renovations". poolspas.ca. 2015-05-28. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "WILD WATER KINGDOM - Canada's Water Park just got bigger!". newswire.ca.
-  Archived February 13, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Acapulco - Our History". Acapulcopools.com. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "Operating Schedule". Wildwaterkingdom.com. Retrieved 2012-03-21.
- "– Wild Water Kingdom". Toronto.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
-  Archived February 13, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Attractions". wildwaterkingdom.com.
- "Toronto.com – Wild Water Kingdom". Toronto.com.
- "Rates". wildwaterkingdom.com.
- https://www.facebook.com/WildWaterKingdom/photos/pb.69952504992.-2207520000.1426037420./10152639503399993/?type=3&theater. Missing or empty
- "First I Got Wet Then I Got Wild At Wild Water Kingdom". Weekendtrips.
- "Z103.5FM Summer Rush at Wild Water Kingdom (Brampton) on 30 Aug 2013 —". Last.fm. 2013-08-30. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Drake is hosting a pool party at Wild Water Kingdom". AUX.TV. 2013-07-03. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Calypso Park - The largest aquatic amusement park in Canada will be called Calypso Park". newswire.ca.
- "Timeline Photos - Wild Water Kingdom". Facebook. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- http://www.tcaadvantage.com/partner-organizations/entertainment/wild-water-kingdom. Missing or empty
- "Thursday, July 7, 2011". CP24.
- "Wild Water Kingdom closed for day following robbery". cbc.ca. 19 August 2013.
- "Ladies and gentlemen. Coming soon, on... - Wild Water Kingdom - Facebook". facebook.com.
- "The O Course". theocourse.com.
- "Police arrest three men for Brampton's Wild Water Kingdom robbery". thestar.com. 13 September 2013.
- "Fourth suspect in violent Wild Water Kingdom robbery arrested". ourwindsor.ca.
- "BEACHCLUB FESTIVAL - HAWIIAN LUAU EDITION @ WILD WATER KINGDOM". beachclubfest.com.
- "Upcoming Events". wildwaterkingdom.com.
- "Crown pushing for nine-year jail term in violent Wild Water Kingdom heist". Thespec.com. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Wild Water Kingdom closes waterpark to undergo ‘major renovations’". Bramptonguardian.com. 2015-05-29. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Water Activities". Brampton.ca. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Splash Works | Canada's Wonderland, Toronto, ON". Canadaswonderland.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Safe, Clean, Healthy FUN!". Wild Waterworks. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Tonik web studio (2015-09-07). "Calypso :: Ottawa Waterpark :: Canada Waterpark". Calypsopark.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Wild Water Kingdom Onboard Lazy River". YouTube. 2011-08-02. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Wild Water Kingdom Toronto". clubZone. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "The 2003 Blackout: Toronto remembers 10 years later | Toronto Star". Thestar.com. 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "New this Summer… Bring the beach to you... - Wild Water Kingdom". Facebook. 2009-05-12. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Pastry since 1978". BeaverTails. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "280812120742 Roxanne Face Drop A Team". YouTube. 2012-06-23. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- Splash Works#Fifth expansion: 2015